PDA

View Full Version : Mackie MCU Pro XT Functions

dbarrow
09-03-2015, 09:33 AM
What functions are available on the Mackie MCU Pro when using SAC? I will probably ask the same question for SAW. If you have the extenders, how does that work? Do they all scroll through channels in banks or can you set the differet sections to work independently, say have one for the channel faders and another for the output section or FX sends/returns, etc.?

dbarrow
09-03-2015, 09:34 AM
I am frustrated with my current BCF-2000 not working with latches and I may upgrade to the MCU Pro, once I get some extra money.

Bob L
09-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Look in the 4.0 helpfile in the midi controller section... the details of each supported controller are there.

I still am waiting for my BCF to test, but I still imagine things to work the same from template to template... although that has yet to be proven.

Bob L

Kurt Kroh
09-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Hello Bob,

Let me know if you need a BCF or BCR to borrow for testing. I am out of town next week but my wife could drop it off to you.

Kurt

Bob L
09-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Thanks Kurt... but I just got a BCF to test and there is a difference in the way it works due to code changes in 4.0b.

I just fixed the group and latching issue and will have a 4.0c ready shortly.

Although I must say, that the BCF unit faders chatter so bad compared to the Mackie when in group or latch mode, or during auto fades in scene changes that it is almost unuseable in comparison to the Mackie... I highly recommend the Mackie units if you are relying on fader controllers for SAC. The faders are silk smooth.

Bob L

Peter O
09-04-2015, 03:13 PM
I have a couple of BCFs. I have taken them apart and tightened the belts that move the fader knob on each fader. It's a bit of a pain, but it makes the BCF a lot less "klacky" and the fader movement becomes a lot smoother.
There is a pretty good guide to the process here: www.slaveksamal.com/files/BCF2000.pdf

Cary B. Cornett
09-05-2015, 05:53 AM
I had heard that the early manufacturing runs of the BCF2000 had properly tight belts, and I believe the one I bought must have been one of those. The only "clack" I get is when faders are run all the way to bottom of travel. The motors do make a little noise, but not enough to be bothersome in normal use.

dbarrow
09-05-2015, 03:17 PM
Thank you so much, Bob, for persisting and solving this problem. I will probably get an MCU Pro, but for now I have to live with the BCF. I may try tightening ng the fader linkage, as well.

Bob L
09-05-2015, 03:25 PM
In the meantime, I did try the BCF in Mackie mode... boot it up into Mackie mode and try the Mackie Template... old or new and I think the groups and latches will work properly.

Bob L

dbarrow
09-05-2015, 11:52 PM
How do you boot the BCF up in Mackie mode? Is that in the manual for the BCF or some other doc file somewhere? Also, I would need to be able to boot it back to whatever it is now. I vaguely remember doing this years ago, but it has been set the same way since then. I will see if I can find all that online when I get back from my current gig.

dbarrow
09-09-2015, 11:07 AM
I'm sorry I put "XT" in the original message header. I now realize that signifies the extender. That made me wonder: can you use the extender (MCU Pro XT) by itself, like a BCF with just the 8 faders? I realize that the master unit has 9 faders, one being always assigned to Output 1, but can the extender be used alone?

Also, they show another extender on the Mackie product page that has just a bunch of knobs. Is that a unit that hasn't been released yet?

Bob L
09-09-2015, 11:53 AM
There is an extender only template for the Mackie in SAC.

Bob L

dbarrow
09-09-2015, 12:56 PM
Thanks. I might get both someday and mix and match, etc. For now I have to live in the BCF world.

dbarrow
09-17-2015, 11:05 AM
I got a Mackie MCU Pro. Very nice! The master section seems extraneous/superfluos (unless I use it for SAW). Are there any needed functions in the master section or is everything of value already represented on just the XT (extender)? I may eventuallt buy one or mre XTs and use them just for live gigs, keeping the MCU Pro at home for SAW and other DAWs.

Oh, I guess the extenders don't have a master fader...

Bob L
09-17-2015, 01:51 PM
The master section adds F-Keys and also the section switches to access all the eq, dyn etc controls on the unit itself.

Bob L