PDA

View Full Version : "Lights On" for 4.0

HapHazzard
09-06-2015, 11:17 AM
Howdy all,

First version of Lights On for 4.0x

Cleanup a few cells.
Changed the Touch buttons to lite.

It is call "work in progress" until I settle on a lite switch style.
Final version will be renamed to Lights On.

Need feedback from the group to proofread and verify:cool:

Again Thanks Bob

Hap
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sc7l1ux2hvqc41l/AAAC4y1u8xDNNIlKEHhQjcLua?dl=0

Bob L
09-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Glad to see you updating the shades. A lot of users like your shades.

Thanks.

Bob L

HapHazzard
09-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Glad to see you updating the shades. A lot of users like your shades.

Thanks.

Bob LI'll be out on the road for the month of September (Tradeshow Logistics for 2 shows in Anaheim) and when I come back I'll finalize Lights On and start on Glass House.

Hap

HapHazzard
09-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Note:
If you have a DropBox account, you could place a copy of the shade fold into the local Dropbox folder. You would receive the syc file as I do changes to this shade.

For other downloading, I'll put a rev list along with the shade in Dropbox.

dbarrow
09-08-2015, 02:50 PM
How do you work with the shade resources? I used to know how, but I can't remember now. I loaded up a shade in PowerShades, but I can't get it to save any of the elements anywhere or load them into MSPaint to edit them. Is there an online tutorial or some such? I had even made the shade I have been using for years like this, but I can't figure out how to make any changes to it now.

HapHazzard
09-08-2015, 03:32 PM
How do you work with the shade resources? I used to know how, but I can't remember now. I loaded up a shade in PowerShades, but I can't get it to save any of the elements anywhere or load them into MSPaint to edit them. Is there an online tutorial or some such? I had even made the shade I have been using for years like this, but I can't figure out how to make any changes to it now.Go to the configure menu in Power Shade, select the program to do the editing. Uncheck the passive editing. Next will be where the shade folder is and where the editing folder will be. From PS open the shade and do a save as, with a new name, to the shade folder in SAC.

Should be ready to go.

Hap

HapHazzard
09-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Go to the configure menu in Power Shade, select the program to do the editing. Uncheck the passive editing. Next will be where the shade folder is and where the editing folder will be. From PS open the shade and do a save as, with a new name, to the shade folder in SAC.

Should be ready to go.

Hap Also MS Paint is in the system32 folder of windows.

Path:

C:\Windows\system32\mspaint.exe

dbarrow
09-08-2015, 09:05 PM
I already had it set up that way. When I click double click an image, I get, "an exception has occurred. Would you like to see the exception log?", but if I say yes, nothing happens. I can Open MSPaint from a command line from the same path that is in the configuration, but not within Power Shades. What am I doing wrong?

dbarrow
09-08-2015, 09:48 PM
Power Shades will not save an image directory in the config. Also, it will not export without getting the exception error. This program doesn't really seem to work at all. Any ideas? I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit. I have tried running it as administrator, in various compatibility modes, etc. No go.

HapHazzard
09-08-2015, 11:03 PM
Power Shades will not save an image directory in the config. Also, it will not export without getting the exception error. This program doesn't really seem to work at all. Any ideas? I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit. I have tried running it as administrator, in various compatibility modes, etc. No go.
My last pc I used for graphics was a win 7 64. Now it's a HP win10 running power shade, paint shop pro and SAC Remote in XP SP2 mode. Tried MS Paint also. Worked fine.

You might want to download power shade again run the install in Xp mode. I didn't have to do that but you never know. It sounds like the copy of PS might be bad. Uninstall it and clean the register before you reinstall.

I haven't had a win8 pc. Is there a virtual XP 32 you could run? I use to run a virtual xp in win 7.

Hap

dbarrow
09-08-2015, 11:44 PM
I have done all that multiple times. MSPaint runs fine by itself, but won't execute from Power Shades. Power Shades won't execute ANY other editing program: Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, etc. I have uninstallled, reinstalled with every possible compaatibility mode, etc. I get the same error every time. I get the same error when trying to export, as well. Checking and unchecking the "passive editing" box does nothing. I have even re-downloaded the file about five times. No go.

dbarrow
09-09-2015, 12:36 AM
Hey, it just started working. I have no explanation for why, but it works now. I had done all of those suggestions over and over again. Perhaps some process was running in the background that interfered with Power Shades launching an exe file.

HapHazzard
09-09-2015, 06:27 AM
Hey, it just started working. I have no explanation for why, but it works now. I had done all of those suggestions over and over again. Perhaps some process was running in the background that interfered with Power Shades launching an exe file.You are probably correct about the background services. At least it's working.

Hap

dbarrow
09-09-2015, 10:18 AM
thank you so much. I was able to tweak a few things that weren't quite right with the shade I had been using for the last several years. The surround panner (which I never use) was a few pixels off in the Return module, so it would jump when I scrolled thru.

On another note, what is different with your 4.0 shades? My shade seems to work with 4.0 just fine. Are there extra features that I just haven't found yet? Will Power Shades see those to edit them?

HapHazzard
09-09-2015, 11:14 AM
thank you so much. I was able to tweak a few things that weren't quite right with the shade I had been using for the last several years. The surround panner (which I never use) was a few pixels off in the Return module, so it would jump when I scrolled thru.

On another note, what is different with your 4.0 shades? My shade seems to work with 4.0 just fine. Are there extra features that I just haven't found yet? Will Power Shades see those to edit them?To see the new screens, download the SAC remote open VIEW > Touch Mixer.

In PS go to All Resources and look for MIXER_T

also send me a screen shoot of what mixer view and where they were of at.

Hap

dbarrow
09-09-2015, 11:26 AM
The surround panners were off on my shade. It is one I built a few years ago from pieces of other shades that I substantially modified to have high contrast, easy visibility, etc. It was somewhat similar to some other guy's shade here. He was actually charging for his and threatened to sue me for copyright infringement, so I don't share it with anyone. It isn't his shade, but it kind of looks similar in several respects. I don't think you can copyright simple colored buttons or background textures and such, but I didn't want to inflame him any further. I am happy with my modifications and I am not trying to sell shades to anyone, so who cares?

dbarrow
09-09-2015, 11:30 AM
What would be really cool is if there was a somewhat "blank" Photoshop template for the shades that just had a background layer to show where the "holes" were, with labels, etc., so you could paint in your own pieces. I'm guessing that this is something you did in some form for yourself, as a guide.

HapHazzard
09-09-2015, 12:01 PM
What would be really cool is if there was a somewhat "blank" Photoshop template for the shades that just had a background layer to show where the "holes" were, with labels, etc., so you could paint in your own pieces. I'm guessing that this is something you did in some form for yourself, as a guide.
That would be nice but it a tough one to even approach.
Lots of maps to figure out.

bcorkery
09-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Hey, it just started working. I have no explanation for why, but it works now. I had done all of those suggestions over and over again. Perhaps some process was running in the background that interfered with Power Shades launching an exe file. Submitted for your aproval ... one D Barrow just crossed the threshold into ... (que the music) The Twilight Zone.

HapHazzard
09-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Lights On 4 is being finalized so the link to my DropBox folder will be removed very so.
http://home.earthlink.net/~jvanhornrlh/SAC/Lights%20On%204.jpg
Glass House for SAC 4.0x is in process now and in a couple of weeks will be up for review and issue check.
http://home.earthlink.net/~jvanhornrlh/SAC/AUX%20Touch.jpg
Hap

operationwhat
04-08-2016, 02:10 AM
Hap, so glad to see you're Back!!!! Awesome work mister \m/

William Bushnell
04-08-2016, 04:21 PM
Hap, so glad to see you're Back!!!! Awesome work mister \m/

Happy to see your post today. The "Lights On" shade is my go to shade and very pleased to get the version that works with SAC 4.2. I didn't remembered it was available back in 2015, just installed it. Again, very pleased. A belated thanks Hap for the update.