PDA

View Full Version : Virtual sound check issues

Steven Hayes
11-29-2015, 10:12 PM
When I playback from Saw Studio from a file of a live recording multitrack the audio is much louder than the live performance. Is there anyway to remedy this situation?

Bob L
11-30-2015, 01:24 AM
If you are returning the recorded tracks back thru the same channels in SAC with a simple scene change of the input sources, the levels should be an exact match.

Make sure you have not adjusted recording levels using the record meter signal level adjust option.

The signal should be inserting back into the tap point that was used during the recording as long as that SACLINK Rec/Play tap point was not altered between the recording and playback.

Bob L

Steven Hayes
11-30-2015, 08:41 PM
I have selected on SAC link pre Attenuator

Bob L
11-30-2015, 09:36 PM
I usually use the Pst ATT setting so that recorded levels match the actual SAC levels... in your case any ATT adjustments in SAC on any chan will then create a difference in the recorded level so playback could be affected later.

Bob L

Steven Hayes
12-01-2015, 01:00 AM
Do I use the export mix data to sac in saw studio or just build a scene in sac?

I usually use the Pst ATT setting so that recorded levels match the actual SAC levels... in your case any ATT adjustments in SAC on any chan will then create a difference in the recorded level so playback could be affected later.

Bob L

Bob L
12-01-2015, 01:32 AM
You want to keep all SAC settings exactly the same except changing the input sources to the SS tracks.

Bob L

Steven Hayes
12-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the tips I'll give it a try again