PDA

View Full Version : New LACE related bug!!!

Oz Nimbus
04-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Hey all, I installed the new version of LACE, and when I startup SawStudio, I get this message:

"This application has failed to start because MSVCRTD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Well, I tried re-installing it, and it didn't fix it. Everything was working fine until I installed the new version of LACE. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated

Oz Nimbus
04-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Ok, I deleted LACE out of the directory, and the error message is gone. However, now I don't have a functioning version of LACE.

Any thoughts???

Jon Marshall Smith
04-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Yup, I'm on that one at the moment... I inadvertantly posted a 'debug build' of LACE.... so a handful of SAW-sters downloaded that which will be unusable.... Uploading the correct build at the moment, apologies for the PITA.

-Jon Marshall Smith
-stuff for SAW at http://www.jms-audioware.com
"Sometimes the correct build, sometimes..... "

Oz Nimbus
04-07-2005, 08:04 PM
No problem, John! I saw an error message at Saw startup and panicked!!! I'm right in the middle of mixing probably the most important project of my career right now. Errors are definitley NOT cool at this time :)

Anyway, thanks again.

-0z-

AudioAstronomer
04-07-2005, 08:12 PM
No problem, John! I saw an error message at Saw startup and panicked!!! I'm right in the middle of mixing probably the most important project of my career right now. Errors are definitley NOT cool at this time :)

Anyway, thanks again.

-0z-

May I make the obvious suggestion to NOT upgrade anything that's working already? ;)

Jon Marshall Smith
04-07-2005, 08:26 PM

Anyway, thanks again.

-0z-

Heavy! I think everything should be OK now, don't worry too much, the machine's not that fragile; everything's going to be fine... :) Please download beta7 again, I re-uploaded the correct build.

Although I think the bit about not upgrading in the midst of such an important task may be good advice!

-Jon

Oz Nimbus
04-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Aaaaahhh you guys sound like a couple of old mothers....

"would you jump off a bridge if Billy did?"

BTW, everything is backed up.

Jon Marshall Smith
04-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Aaaaahhh you guys sound like a couple of old mothers....

BTW, everything is backed up.

I can't fault you too much, I'm constantly tweaking my system at the most inopportune times. LACE should be good now, though... I hope! There were a couple of downloads previous to now, hopefully those poor souls will notice that it.... DOESN'T WORK!.... and download again. :)

-Jon

AudioAstronomer
04-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Hehe. I can say myself Ive done some stupid things in the middle of projects. Including a full reinstall with a deadline looking 4 hours away (with 6 hours of work to do). :)

It's really easy to say "Dont do that!", really tough to not do it :)

Shawn
04-07-2005, 09:48 PM
It's really easy to say "Dont do that!", really tough to not do it :)

Like when the waitress puts your food on the table and says, "Be careful, that's a hot plate.", and you just NEED to reach out and touch it anyway...

LOL!

:)

Dingo
04-08-2005, 03:51 AM
Hell yeah! If Billy does it, it HAS to be cool!

SoundSuite
04-08-2005, 04:17 AM
Like when the waitress puts your food on the table and says, "Be careful, that's a hot plate.", and you just NEED to reach out and touch it anyway...

LOL!

I'm glad I'm not the only one...

Oz Nimbus
04-08-2005, 08:00 PM

LOL!

Hey man, whatever turns your crank. LMAO!!!

Shawn
04-08-2005, 08:29 PM
LOL! I guess I set myself up pretty good for that one!

:D