PDA

View Full Version : OT:Gracenote questions

Ed Snape
03-25-2016, 02:30 PM
1. I have submitted Gracenote info for several recently completed classical CDs using QMP, but now a week later, using a QMP player in a different computer these discs are not recognized. What is the typical delay time for this data to become functional? Placing the disc in the QMP on the origin computer, immediately displays the submitted data.

2. A slightly edited version (100 ms time change on 1 track) is not recognized on the original computer's QMP player. Is there any way to copy and paste all the earlier version data into the new form/template? Will this newer version be recognized once Gracenote has become functional for the original version?

Thank you

Angie
03-25-2016, 07:02 PM
1. I have submitted Gracenote info for several recently completed classical CDs using QMP, but now a week later, using a QMP player in a different computer these discs are not recognized. What is the typical delay time for this data to become functional? Placing the disc in the QMP on the origin computer, immediately displays the submitted data.

2. A slightly edited version (100 ms time change on 1 track) is not recognized on the original computer's QMP player. Is there any way to copy and paste all the earlier version data into the new form/template? Will this newer version be recognized once Gracenote has become functional for the original version?

Thank you

They do have the time it can take on the website. I don't remember exactly, but it may be more that a week. That said, I did have a situation where one of the CDs in a box set would not show up after the others did. Turned out there was a problem with the track names . I only found out after contacting them. You may want to do that if you think it should be in their database by now.
Once it is in the database you may need to delete the data from the QMP player so that it grabs the correct info from the Gracenotes.

Ed Snape
03-27-2016, 05:28 PM
They do have the time it can take on the website. I don't remember exactly, but it may be more that a week. That said, I did have a situation where one of the CDs in a box set would not show up after the others did. Turned out there was a problem with the track names . I only found out after contacting them. You may want to do that if you think it should be in their database by now.
Once it is in the database you may need to delete the data from the QMP player so that it grabs the correct info from the Gracenotes.

Thanks Angie,
I thought it said a few days on their website. Will wait another week and then try contacting them if it still is not working.