PDA

View Full Version : MWS INI / INS files ?

Mitch
04-09-2005, 07:44 AM
Anyone have, or know where to get, Roland .ins files for Fantom XR, SRX boards, DR880 etc.... OR even better, SAW .ini format :)

tomasino
04-09-2005, 08:54 AM
If you can't find one, you can build it yourself.
It's not too hard. Mostly busy work.

Bob L
04-09-2005, 11:32 AM
There is a link on our third party page at www.SAWStudio.com (http://www.SAWStudio.com) that hooks you to a Midi WorkShop Patch converter program and free links to many instrument ini files already setup for you. :)

Bob L

Mitch
04-09-2005, 01:02 PM
COOL ! Thanks Bob...

Got the converter and a couple of Roland files. Also checked Roland's site, and they have several .ins files for their Fantom X line. Just ran their Cakewalk .ins files through the converter and now have Fantom XR MWS patch lists!! Love it....

Question... I snagged the Boss DR-770 drum machine .ins file. I have the newer, DR-880... If I wanted to make my own .ini MWS patch list, how do I determine the "Device Name", patch name, kit names etc for the DR880 ? - I'll just follow the convention of the 770 file and replace with the 880 names, but I'm not sure what names to substitue ? - Can anyone help with this ?

Bob L
04-10-2005, 12:29 AM
You can put any names you want in the ini files... that's the beauty... expand short names out to long descriptive names if you want... its very flexible.

Follow the layout of the other ini files and read the info at the top of my ini files for some guidelines on how it all works.

Bob L