PDA

View Full Version : OT: Hardware/Software Configuration

mr_es335
06-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Hello,

Please see the following: 2434

The attached zip file contains a pdf of my current configuration, that is awaiting testing as I am obtaining the hardware tomorrow.

UPDATE, 060916: The other data file is a blank RTF file for use by others.

Let me know what you think about all of this? I though that it might be a good resource.

PhaseShifter
06-08-2016, 04:11 PM
I know you mean well, but there's no way in hell anyone should download random excel spreadsheets from people online. You'd be best to turn it into a shareable google doc.

Cary B. Cornett
06-08-2016, 06:16 PM
I know you mean well, but there's no way in hell anyone should download random excel spreadsheets from people online. You'd be best to turn it into a shareable google doc.
Some of us out here are so backwards and hidebound that we don't even know what a "shareable Google Doc" is. But if somebody posts a spreadsheet, I can use Open Office to, ah, open it.

I have to say that I am no more enthused about the growing Google hegemony than I was about the Microsoft dominance that preceded it.:p

mr_es335
06-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Hello,

I zipped it...and it is from a known source...so I really thought it was Ok! A .csv file looses all of the formatting.

Anyhow, I AM providing it for free!

PhaseShifter
06-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Hello,

Anyhow, I AM providing it for free!

Yeah, you and every malware provider as well!

RBIngraham
06-09-2016, 07:48 AM

Give me a break. If you're not comfortable opening it, run a virus scan on it first.

Or hell... just don't download and use it. You're probably not the target end user anyway.