PDA

View Full Version : FURMAN Qt

averombri
09-06-2016, 07:51 AM
I have a Furman M10 LX and green protection LED stop lighting...any of you know a procedure for reseting the device? nevertheless device works ok ,
Thanks in advance

RBIngraham
09-07-2016, 06:45 AM
If the unit is just an MOV based protection it could well be that it's just worn out and that there is no "reset" for it. Not sure what that green LED is really monitoring. But a lot of these rack mount so called power conditioners are really cheaply made and are not really doing all that much. At least when you contrast it with something like a SurgeX product.

I don't know if that is the case with this particular model. But it wouldn't surprise me.

If the MOV is not able to do it's job any more the unit may well keep working, in the sense that it works as a power strip. But it wouldn't provide you any protection against a surge. It's why you should replace those cheap power strips that have so called surge protection in them periodically. Because if they are old, more than likely the surge protection has long been worn out and won't really protect your equipment from anything any longer.

If you're actually concerned about the equipment, I would cry once and spend the extra for something like a SurgeX.

Naturally Digital
09-07-2016, 08:06 AM
If the MOV is not able to do it's job any more the unit may well keep working, in the sense that it works as a power strip. But it wouldn't provide you any protection against a surge. It's why you should replace those cheap power strips that have so called surge protection in them periodically. Because if they are old, more than likely the surge protection has long been worn out and won't really protect your equipment from anything any longer.

If you're actually concerned about the equipment, I would cry once and spend the extra for something like a SurgeX.+1

Not only that but if the MOV has failed (it only takes one large surge to fry those protection devices), it could be leaking current onto your GROUND and causing noise and other issues.

Even if you choose to stay with Furman instead of moving to SurgeX, you want to look for one of their units with 'series-mode protection'.