PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial: Using Monitor Views: FOH and Monitor 1

mr_es335
10-20-2016, 08:17 PM
Hello,

I have just written a new tutorial on monitoring with SAC ... of course.

I have uploaded it to my RML Studios page.

As this is my first attempt, I would appreciate any and all comments - both pro or con regarding it.

Also, I have a question, "Is it normal practice to pan the mains hard left and hard right?"

PS: As I put a considerable amount of time and effort into the research, preparation and the production of these tutorials, I was wondering if it would be inappropriate at all if I were to ask for a small cash donation. The amount would be entirely up to you. Please PM me for more information. Thank you!

dbarrow
10-25-2016, 10:50 AM
I pan the MAINS output to the center, because I want the MAINS to be in stereo. I also have some other outputs panned hard L and hard R that feed mono satellite speaker feeds, wedding videographer mono feed, sub speaker feed, etc. You could pan them to the middle and them enable the Mono switch on that output, if you wanted to sum stereo channels and buses into a mono feed to the MAINS, if you were feeding a mono sound system. You could use either L or R output in this case. On my monitor sends (if the are mono wedge feeds), I have them panned hard L/R, with Mono switch enabled, so Output 9/10 would feed two different mixes, for example. If I am sending stereo IEM mixes, I use both sides, withe the Output panned to the center. Channels and buses routed to these outputs maintain their stereo pan imaging.

bcorkery
10-27-2016, 11:52 AM
Dell,

I just PM'd you about the donation. You've been very helpful on many levels in both SAC and SAW.
I'm happy to donate to your efforts!

Thanks a million ... eh, a few dollars anyway! :D

mr_es335
10-27-2016, 01:18 PM
bcorkery,

...You've been very helpful on many levels in both SAC and SAW.I'm happy to donate to your efforts! Thanks a million... eh, a few dollars anyway! ...Bill, interestingly...you just did!!

bcorkery
10-28-2016, 10:15 AM
Hmmm, curious. I didn't even go to PayPal or anything like that.
How did you receive the contribution and how much did I send? :confused:

mr_es335
10-28-2016, 11:43 AM
bcorkery,

Hmmm, curious. I didn't even go to PayPal or anything like that.How did you receive the contribution and how much did I send?...Your "Thank You"...and appreciation is remuneration enough!!

mr_es335
10-30-2016, 12:13 PM
Hello,

I would appreciate knowing if this tutorial works with WIN8/8.1 or WIN10?

Thanks in advance.