PDA

View Full Version : High res. monitors in SS - part deux

ghowardjr
04-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Arghhh. Previous thread got corrupted. Currently, when i run SS at 1600x1200, I can resize the ZOOM mixer view to fill the screen, but 3 or 4 channels on the right side do not "paint". I like to have the mixer screen on one monitor and the multi-track on the other monitor for most of my work. I'm considering getting a Dell 24.1" HD resolution monitor (1920x1200). I don't want to invest in this if I can't take advantage of this in SS. When will this issue be fixed?

Thanks,
Gary

Bob L
04-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Gary,

Nothing to fix as far as I know... when SS initializes it grabs the screen resolution size... my guess is that you then changed the resolution while SS was active.

Restart SS at the new resolution and you can stretch the Zoom Mixer as far as you want.

In fact, you should be able to open any window and place it anywhere... just remember to save your F-Keys after resizing everything for the new resolution.

Bob L

Mitch
04-13-2005, 04:23 PM
I dont have the zoom mixer and correct me if I'm wrong here, but what I think Gary is saying....(I'll use the Full Mixer as example)...

I have dual 1600x1200 monitors (Dell 20") and if I drag the Full Mixer view to extend across both monitors, only 40 channels or "slots" will be displayed (not sure at the moment of the exact count).

I can drag the mixer to take up both monitors in full, but will only see how many channel strips you (Bob) have defined as being visible at one time. At some point, the mixer window keeps expanding but the visible channel strips stop and do not fill up the expanded space.

...did that make sense and is that basically what you're asking Gary ? The above example is true in my case and sounds similar to your question ?

Bob L
04-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Ok, I see what's happening then... The internal memory reserved for the max size the mixer views can be stretched is set by the primary monitor resolution when you start the program. If you want to stretch one window across both monitors, you need to set your display driver to span across both monitors with one double-sized resolution setting... instead of two independent display resolutions.

Many display drivers allow this... many do not.

If yours does not, then you must arrange your windows to use the full display resolution of one monitor... you can then position windows anywhere utilizing both monitors, but any one window will max out up to the size of the Primary display resolution.

Bob L

Naturally Digital
04-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Arghhh. Previous thread got corrupted. Currently, when i run SS at 1600x1200, I can resize the ZOOM mixer view to fill the screen, but 3 or 4 channels on the right side do not "paint". I like to have the mixer screen on one monitor and the multi-track on the other monitor for most of my work. I'm considering getting a Dell 24.1" HD resolution monitor (1920x1200). I don't want to invest in this if I can't take advantage of this in SS. When will this issue be fixed?Gary,

What video card are you running?

ghowardjr
04-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Thanks for all your comments, Bob and others. I think what must be happening is as Bob described, Saw taking the cue from the primary monitor resolution. In the case I'm talking about, I thought I had made the 1600x1200 monitor the primary monitor, in order to turn off my laptop mon. all together. I will check this out again.

Thanks for the tips, I'll report back as soon as I know something more.

Gary