PDA

View Full Version : OT: It was only a matter of time...

Dave Labrecque
11-07-2016, 10:46 AM
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/after-20-minutes-of-listening-new-adobe-tool-can-make-you-say-anything

mr_es335
11-07-2016, 10:57 AM
Dave,

Both interesting...and scary!

Ian Alexander
11-07-2016, 04:48 PM
For years, I've been telling friends and relatives that if they are ever convicted of a crime on the basis of an audio recording, call me. Now, it's even more obvious. The presenter talks about watermarking to detect fakes, but what if they dub it onto cassette and then back to digital and then, etc... Bad actors will figure out how to wash the watermark away. We're rapidly approaching the point where reality TV is the only reality left. A bit of a concern. :(

Also, they needed a softedge on a couple of those edits. :cool:

Dave Labrecque
11-09-2016, 09:29 AM
For years, I've been telling friends and relatives that if they are ever convicted of a crime on the basis of an audio recording, call me. Now, it's even more obvious. The presenter talks about watermarking to detect fakes, but what if they dub it onto cassette and then back to digital and then, etc... Bad actors will figure out how to wash the watermark away. We're rapidly approaching the point where reality TV is the only reality left. A bit of a concern. :(

Also, they needed a softedge on a couple of those edits. :cool:

That's the watermarking, silly.;)

Carl G.
11-10-2016, 01:09 AM
What a goldmine for Voice Talent! While we could get ripped off... now just think of all those voice overs that we can whack out on a keyboard! :)
Just imagine what can happen when we change fonts!!!!