PDA

View Full Version : reinstall to win 64

andrew b
11-19-2016, 05:05 AM
when reinstalling to win 7-32 to win 7-64 how to save all the settings SAC.
on the computer changes only Windows audio and video card is the same ?

mr_es335
11-19-2016, 07:55 AM
Hello,

Not really understanding your wording?...but the files that I normally backup are the .prf files, the SAC.fky and the SAC_alt.fky files.

You can also save your fky, alt.fky and prf files as stored files as well - something that is recommended to do anyhow. These files can then be recalled when needed.

And just to be safe, just make a copy of the entire SAC folder as well.

Other modified content can be placed in the C:\SAC\Mix folder and the C:\SAC\Configuration folder.

If you are performing an upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit, I do not think any real alterations need to be make to SAC - other than the 64-bit drivers for your audio interfaces. In my tests, the plugins have always worked as expected, as SAC is a 32-bit application.

Hope this helps.

PS: However, this being said, I personally never recommend performing upgrades - especially on a production system. I personally always perform a clean install.

andrew b
11-19-2016, 08:23 AM
Hello,

Not really understanding your wording?...but the files that I normally backup are the .prf files, the SAC.fky and the SAC_alt.fky files.

You can also save your fky, alt.fky and prf files as stored files as well - something that is recommended to do anyhow. These files can then be recalled when needed.

And just to be safe, just make a copy of the entire SAC folder as well.

Other modified content can be placed in the C:\SAC\Mix folder and the C:\SAC\Configuration folder.

If you are performing an upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit, I do not think any real alterations need to be make to SAC - other than the 64-bit drivers for your audio interfaces. In my tests, the plugins have always worked as expected, as SAC is a 32-bit application.

Hope this helps.

PS: However, this being said, I personally never recommend performing upgrades - especially on a production system. I personally always perform a clean install.

I had a clean installation .

mr_es335
11-21-2016, 05:44 AM
Andrew,

I had a clean installation...Good!