PDA

View Full Version : Q for you LA'ers (and those who frequent it)

Pedro Itriago
04-14-2005, 01:05 AM
Aside from digging the GPS on my rental, I was wondering if any of you could tell me where (addy included so I can put it on the gps ;)) to find a nice music store so I can get me some Behr's BCR & maybe a BCF as cheap as possible? I won't be shopping for anything else, I swear :rolleyes:

Mark Stebbeds
04-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Aside from digging the GPS on my rental, I was wondering if any of you could tell me where (addy included so I can put it on the gps ;)) to find a nice music store so I can get me some Behr's BCR & maybe a BCF as cheap as possible? I won't be shopping for anything else, I swear :rolleyes:

The cheapest place to buy anything is Guitar Center in Hollywood or Sherman Oaks, or I prefer West LA Music in West LA or Universal City.

Don't expect the salesman to know anything about anything.

Mark

AudioAstronomer
04-14-2005, 10:23 AM

But do expect him to act like he knows everything about anything (at least is my experience. There's be a few really good guys at GC's around the US).

SoundSuite
04-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Well, on the bright side, at least they have the same level service nationwide ;)

Pedro Itriago
04-14-2005, 11:17 AM
But do expect him to act like he knows everything about anything (at least is my experience. There's be a few really good guys at GC's around the US).

Thanks for yer replies guys. And thanks for the heads-up, that's always the way in most stores. At least they know (musical stores employees that is) a little more than your regular circuit city guy.

danickstr
05-08-2005, 12:57 PM
if you havent gone to LA already, then you should stop in to Coast Recording, just east of Vine And Santa Monica Blvd. This is a REAL music store and if you don't buy anything, it still will make you glad you went there. Carl is one of the funniest and most knowledgeable men in that market, and he doesn't try to sell you something. He will teach you something if you just hang there a bit with him.

Sean McCoy
05-08-2005, 09:21 PM
I heartily second the endorsement for Coast Recording, who I've been working with since the early 90's. They're used to dealing with pros, so they don't have any jive routines. And their prices are uniformly competetive, often unbeatable. They are not a "music store," however, but a pro audio store.

studio-c
05-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Yah, but they can totally hook you up and give you the bitchin bro deal, bro.
Fer sherr.

In my youth I had EIGHT roommates who all worked at Guitar Center. I seem to recall they were usually up all night on crank, because you had to work so many hours to make any kind of living. I'm sure things have changed, but your posts just brought back some funny thoughts :)