PDA

View Full Version : SIR Problem with SawStudio

Tim Miskimon
12-15-2016, 09:15 AM
I haven't used SIR since I bought Altiverb 7 years ago but yesterday I tried to use SIR 11 and it wouldn't work.
It loaded in SawStudio as usual but every time I tried to open an IR it would crash Saw.
It always worked perfectly on my old Windows XP machine but using the lastest version of SawStudio and Windows 7 it will not work.
The IRs are in their own folder on my C drive as they were on my Windows 7 machine.
Anybody have any ideas what might be wrong?
There are some drum rooms that I'd love to use that were part of my original SIR IR downloads.

mr_es335
12-15-2016, 09:59 AM
Tim,

Using SAWStudio Lite V5.6 and SIR V2.4.12d-32b with the impulses installed to the SAWStudio, VST_Presets folder - all works well here.

May be install a test version of SAW and install the plug-in there and see what happens.

What of a corrupted impulse? Is this possible?

May be update to the latest version of SIR?

When you state that, "It always worked perfectly on my old Windows XP machine but using the lastest version of SawStudio and Windows 7 it will not work." - were you using the same versions of SAWStudio and SIR on that XP system? If not, then you really cannot compare WINXP to WIN7 in this instance.

Hope this helps?

Tim Miskimon
12-17-2016, 06:16 PM
I'll try your suggestions Mr 335.
It was an older version of SawStudio but the same version of SIR.
The Impulses have always been in their own folder on the C drive so maybe I'll try moving them to SawStudio VST_Presets folder like you suggested.
I always liked the way SIR worked with Saw.
I'd done many of mixes with really good results using it prior to buying Altiverb.
Unfortunately the IRs that I have for SIR won't work with Altiverb.
Thanks!