PDA

View Full Version : BCF2000 in Mackie Control Mode on SAC 4+

jardatop
01-01-2017, 03:44 PM
Hello Bob,
I used one controller Behringer BCF2000 in MC mode on SAC 3.0, and i was happy.
I upgraded to 4.0 (now to 4.3) but have to still use 3.0, because of freezing BCF2000

When i use one of new templates MidiCtrl_Mackie_MCUPro_No_Meters_8Ch.mct or MidiCtrl_Mackie_MCUPro_8Ch.mct,
BCF freeze when i switch knob mode from PAN to EQ, DYN, AUX or FX. Then i have to restart BCF and SAC.

I tried to use old MIDI template from SAC 3.0 MidiCtrl_Mackie_Control.mct. There work switching modes PAN, EQ, DYN..., but mabye there is has bad resolution of faders. When i pull fader up by mouse, I see BCF fader run twice from bottom to top. When i pull BCF fader by finger to top, SAC fader is in the in half.

I tried another BCF2000 and another computer, but still same bad result.

I tried Logic emulation mode, but there is no DYN mode for knobs, what i use usually.

Can you help me with my problem? I would like to use new SAC 4.x with its new functions.

Thank you

Jarda

Jeff Scott
01-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Why not use the BCF2000 8 channel template that is part of the SAC controller templates? That's what I use...works great...

jardatop
01-02-2017, 01:18 AM
What template do you mean? Native Behringer mode (MidiCtrl_Behringer_BCF2000_8-Ch.mct) ? There is FADERS and PANs only. There i can't use knobs for adjusting dynamics, eq... like in Mackie Control mode.

Andreas
01-02-2017, 09:26 AM
Hi, Jardatop,

this behaviour is since Sac Vers. 3.1.
You can use the "MidiCtrl_Mackie_Baby_Hui.mct" Midi template file instead.

This one works with BCF 2000 in Mackie mode and you have EQ control and so on. One thing: BCF View does not work with this Midi template File (for me)

Best wishes
Andreas

Jeff Scott
01-02-2017, 11:58 AM
What template do you mean? Native Behringer mode (MidiCtrl_Behringer_BCF2000_8-Ch.mct) ? There is FADERS and PANs only. There i can't use knobs for adjusting dynamics, eq... like in Mackie Control mode.

Ah..I see what you are going for... I'm not familiar with the emulation mode.

Bob L
01-02-2017, 01:53 PM
Mackie made some changes to the protocol with the newer MCU Pro units and the new templates are designed to work with those... unfortunately, this seems to have caused issues with the older Mackie emulation of the BCF2000 units... if you really want the power of the Mackie units, I suggest looking into Ebay or elsewhere and picking up one of the actual MCUs and then you will have the full power and smoothness and quietness that those units offer compared to the chatter box BFC2000.

Bob L

TomyN
01-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Or think about an x-touch ....

jardatop
01-03-2017, 01:57 PM
Thank you all for your answers. There aren't good news for me.

Bob, do you know if the new Behringer X-Touch controller has the new MC protocol in its MC emulation? Or Icon Platform M controller?
One of them could be my new alternative in future.
Thanks.

Bob L
01-03-2017, 05:37 PM
I have not tested either one... see if anyone else here may have that info.

Bob L

TomyN
01-03-2017, 11:08 PM
Hi,

I've done some tests with the MCU_PRO_8 templates and the x-touch was working without problems, except that there is no level display (in both versions, so I use the _no_Meters version now).

I've used the x-touch for some shows right now and never faced a problem (the x-touch is connected via network to the on - stage master pc), but I did not do much switching (just used mute/pan/faders nearly all the time).

Tomy

dbarrow
05-08-2017, 02:58 PM
Hi,

I've done some tests with the MCU_PRO_8 templates and the x-touch was working without problems, except that there is no level display (in both versions, so I use the _no_Meters version now).

I've used the x-touch for some shows right now and never faced a problem (the x-touch is connected via network to the on - stage master pc), but I did not do much switching (just used mute/pan/faders nearly all the time).

Tomy

How does the X-Touch connect "through the network"? I have been using a BCF2000 for years and I am considering getting an X-Touch for better control options.

TomyN
05-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Hi,

the x-touch (only the 'big-one') supports midi over network. So there is a midi-rtp software running on the host which makes the host available via midi over Ethernet.
The x-touch uses the rtp mode and is connected to the network also used for my kvm - device and for the remote(s).
If you just want to replace a BCF, you can use Midi (either 'nativ' or via USB) also.

Tomy

Kurt Kroh
05-08-2017, 11:05 PM
Thank you all for your answers. There aren't good news for me.

Bob, do you know if the new Behringer X-Touch controller has the new MC protocol in its MC emulation?

I have an X-touch that works very well in 4.3. I keep meaning to loan it to Bob to check it out but have been so busy. doing a huge 4th of July lighting show in NY. We also use the X-touch with our lighting controller. After that show I will have time to get it to Bob.

dbarrow
05-09-2017, 08:39 AM
Hi,

the x-touch (only the 'big-one') supports midi over network. So there is a midi-rtp software running on the host which makes the host available via midi over Ethernet.
The x-touch uses the rtp mode and is connected to the network also used for my kvm - device and for the remote(s).
If you just want to replace a BCF, you can use Midi (either 'nativ' or via USB) also.

Tomy
Can you tell me more about how your KVM works? Is that done over WiFi or a CAT5 cable?

David

TomyN
05-12-2017, 03:47 AM
Can you tell me more about how your KVM works? Is that done over WiFi or a CAT5 cable?

David

Well,
it works using LAN. I think technical it's a USB over Ethernet system with a USB Display converter. I like it very much, becaus I can operate this on a normal network, that can carry the rpm-midi data, the remote-data for one SAC remote and sometimes even Art-Net.
It uses the pc's network card and some software on the host, and a small hardware device on the client side.
See http://www.win-star.com/eshop/goods.php?id=146 for details

Tomy