PDA

View Full Version : Missing Video Viewer

Sean McCoy
02-17-2017, 11:21 PM
Hey, all! Hoping you can help me solve a mystery. I have an old XP system I use strictly for remote recording. Tomorrow I'm helping out with a school function where I'll be using SAW on this computer to demonstrate some basic recording and mixing techniques. I need to incorporate a video file for one part of the demo, but danged if I can get the Video Viewer to show up when I select Video Track from the View menu. All other SAW functions check out fine on this rig. What obvious thing am I missing?

Bob L
02-17-2017, 11:53 PM
First guess would be that at one time you had dual monitors and the video viewer may have been on the second monitor and saved with its preferences... now... the second monitor is gone and the viewer is offscreen.

Look in the SAWStudio Native_Plugins folder for a "SAWStudio_Fx_VideoTrackViewer.prf" file and delete it. Then restart SAWStudio and try to open the viewer again... my guess is that it will be there... reposition it where you want it and re-save the video viewer preferences from the viewer menu.

Bob L

Sean McCoy
02-18-2017, 12:27 AM
Right as usual, Bob. This system was indeed multi-monitor at one time. Problem solved. Thanks!