PDA

View Full Version : Video viewer oddity

bcorkery
09-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Yesterday, loaded a video into the viewer then extracted the audio onto the multi-track timeline (my usual routine).

When I tried to play the audio from the multi-track, I got a warning that I couldn't play the audio and to make sure there wasn't another program running. No other program was running.

The oddness was that I could play the audio from the viewer, I've never been able to do that before, but each time I tried to play multi-track audio, I got that message. I'm thinking the video viewer was now grabbing the RME driver and not letting it go. I don't know that anything has changed since I did my previous video sweetening job.

Has anybody run into the problem? What are possible causes and solutions for this?

ITA,
Bill Corkery

Bob L
09-26-2017, 10:12 PM
What about the audio format... was it 24 bit... if so and you are using the RME as a MME driver type, then you must also select the Driver Model 24 WDM compatibility option in SAW.... or switch to using the ASIO driver model.

Bob L

bcorkery
09-27-2017, 10:43 AM
I use ASIO as a default so I didn't think to check if it somehow got switched to MME.
Thanks Bob!

bcorkery
09-29-2017, 01:30 PM
I haven't had a chance to go back to the original problem but I just got another job from the same client and everything seems to be working smoothly. Maybe a couple days rest and several reboots made it work properly.

I'm curious to revisit the problem file ... when I get a chance.