PDA

View Full Version : Problem playing back in 16/44.1

Dingo
06-26-2004, 09:53 AM
I've got a trak2, everything is set up right there I'm sure and I'm trying to play back in 16/44.1 from saw basic. I see level, it's playing back, but I'm getting no souns what so ever out of my speakers. When I'm set up for 24/96 I have no problems. Anyone have any Ideas? Thanks,
Dave

Bob L
06-26-2004, 11:35 AM
If the soundcard is using external converters and the converters are the master, then you will need to make sure to change the samplerate of the converters down to the 44100 or you may not hear signal.

For instance, if you use an RME card with external converters and the RME is set as the slave, then the converters control the clock... SAWStudio cannot... when you send the signal to the soundcard at 44100, if the converter is set to 96k, the signals will usually not lock. If you set the converters to ADAT sync and set the RME to Master, then switching sessions in SAWStudio to different rates will automatically switch the converters to chase.

Bob L

Dingo
06-26-2004, 11:48 AM
Setting the rme as master did it. Thanks Bob. P.S. Love the levelizer. Bought it after watching the video. Any plans for more uses of the levelizer videos? I know I would love to see what else it can do beyone what I already know how to do.
Dave

Bob L
06-26-2004, 03:35 PM
I felt that the peak limit/normalize demonstration was the most needed.

I have other videos on the list that I want to do before coming back around for more Levelizer.

Bob L

AudioAstronomer
06-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Something on the reverb is my top want ;) That thing is bloody hard to create your own presets....

then agian it comes with some great ones as it is...

TotalSonic
06-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Something on the reverb is my top want ;) That thing is bloody hard to create your own presets....

then agian it comes with some great ones as it is...

48 more presets for the Reverberator are also downloadable here - http://www.totalsonicmedia.com/sawpages/reverbpresets.htm

Also - Anwida's new SAW native Reverb coming out soon - Spazio - it's very easy to tweak settings on.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Naturally Digital
06-26-2004, 10:18 PM
I felt that the peak limit/normalize demonstration was the most needed.

Bob L

You know, the name of the function (normalize) threw me when I first got the Levelizer, stopping me from using it. Once I REALLY leaned what it did, I saw that it was not your typical 'normalize' function. It's far more powerful. ;)

Dave.