Track 2 = Snare
Track 3 = Hi Hat

After I push stop,... within the Region View there are five Kick Drum:
Kick Drum @
Kick Drum {005} @
Kick Drum {013} @
Kick Drum {021} @
Kick Drum | #006

The same with the Snare and Hi-Hat with different referances numbers of course. When I check the file folder there are only one sound file and the WDP file.

Best regards
Sanford

AudioAstronomer
06-26-2004, 06:29 PM
There is always just one file per track. REgions are sections of a single file... as bob has explained this is much more efficient.

Having multiple regions like this means one of two things I know of. Most likely you made an edit, or began recording overtop another region on the same track. Or you have made several recordings without using the retake function or multitrack layers..

Sanford
06-26-2004, 07:11 PM
AudioAstronomer
Thanks for your response. The example was my first pass... no recording overtop another region. My front end is a Mackie 16-8 which goes through an Agogee AD-16X out to the Lynx 16AES to the Apogee DA-16 then back to the MAckie 16-8.

Best regards
Sanford

There is always just one file per track. REgions are sections of a single file... as bob has explained this is much more efficient.

Having multiple regions like this means one of two things I know of. Most likely you made an edit, or began recording overtop another region on the same track. Or you have made several recordings without ising the retake function or multitrack layers..

Bob L
06-26-2004, 07:34 PM
If you start and stop recording, a new region is created at the start point.

Don't worry about the regions... this is called Non-Linear Recording and editing and you will soon be thankful that SAWStudio works this way. :)

Bob L

AudioAstronomer
06-26-2004, 08:00 PM
AudioAstronomer
Thanks for your response. The example was my first pass... no recording overtop another region. My front end is a Mackie 16-8 which goes through an Agogee AD-16X out to the Lynx 16AES to the Apogee DA-16 then back to the MAckie 16-8.

Best regards
Sanford

Are you sure there were no punch-in's, even if accidental or anything similiar? If this was indeed a single pass, you did not editing, and did not record over anything else... I.e. this was a clean project and your first time hitting record.... there is something wrong. Can you please go over in your head *exactly* what you did? Maybe it's one of those oops things... if I think it's something to get sorted :)

Sanford
06-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Bob
Thanks for your reply,.... After playing around with the routing schem of the sound card I found the root cause. :o Also when I click on the "Region" pull down I notice the "Clear unused Regions". After that choice things looked normal.
I understand Non-Linear Recording and editing,... and thankful since my SAW32 days. Just wanted an understanding of how/why this happened. SS is the BEST I've used and I am grateful that I can converse with its creator.

Best regards
Sanford

If you start and stop recording, a new region is created at the start point.

Don't worry about the regions... this is called Non-Linear Recording and editing and you will soon be thankful that SAWStudio works this way. :)

Bob L

Naturally Digital
06-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Hey Sanford!

Are you having fun with your new toys?! ;)

Ya gotta love that Lynx stuff! On the newer cards the mixer application is fairly involved and takes a while to get used to (compared with the LynxOne). All the monitoring/routing options can get a little confusing. At least that's what I've found.

There's no "envious" smilie but I think your new setup is pretty :cool: !

Enjoy!
Dave.

Sanford
06-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Dave
Thanks for your kind words,... and yes trying to sort the monitor/routing thing out has a bit of a curve to it. With SS and the Toys the sound is Phat and Tight!!

Best regards
Sanford

Hey Sanford!

Are you having fun with your new toys?! ;)

Ya gotta love that Lynx stuff! On the newer cards the mixer application is fairly involved and takes a while to get used to (compared with the LynxOne). All the monitoring/routing options can get a little confusing. At least that's what I've found.

There's no "envious" smilie but I think your new setup is pretty :cool: !

Enjoy!
Dave.