PDA

View Full Version : Question about UAD1 in SAW

tank71
04-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Ive got 3 uad cards in my system,and ive noticed that when playback is stopped in saw the uad meter goes to zero.is this an engine design?in nuendo it stayed at an amount even when playback was stopped.:confused:

tank

Bob L
04-28-2005, 08:09 PM
In SAWStudio the engine shuts down and disengages from the drivers to release the soundcard for other program use if needed and to free the cpu from a continuous polling loop.

It also shuts down the 14 threads that run the engine... this allows the performance of the editing features to operate with much more efficiency.

Most other audio programs keep the engine running and streaming zeros even when playback is stopped...

You will notice that in SAWStudio, you have to start the engine in play, record or Live mode to hear sounds thru VST synths... this is why.

Bob L

tank71
04-28-2005, 08:42 PM
thanks bob for the info,im noticing a problem ,when i have a uad plug in the fx pre patch,when i click on the plug in that list,and press the add button,as to double it,i get a saw has to shutdown error, but it doesnt happen when i add a plug from the fx from the effects list. it maybe a driver issue with my lynx aes 16 ,any ideas?

tank71
04-28-2005, 09:05 PM
it seems to do it with native plugs also,i have the voxengo tape bus emulator,and it did it also so it doesnt seem to be only the uad plugs

tank71
04-28-2005, 09:11 PM
does it with nuendos plugs too.Can any one replicate this?

tank71
04-28-2005, 09:20 PM
never mind i think i fixed it i did sum buffer adjustment in my asio panel,and that seems to have did the trick

Dave Labrecque
04-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Tank,

You say you're clicking on the already-patched module listing in the pre-window, then clicking on the ADD button? Works OK here for me. I did it with the UAD-1 1176LN. I got three of 'em loaded no prob.

tank71
04-28-2005, 09:26 PM
dave,

yes thats what it was doin,i was workin at 96 k,and i believe i had my asio buffer too low,when i raised it up to 1024 it stopped.thanks for the help though.

tank