PDA

View Full Version : 0 cross locator in SF window Maybe?

Dingo
05-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Would it be possible to implement a feature in the SF window where you could give it a specific volume like -3 db or 0 db and it would put a marker at the bottom of the screen? Would this be of use to anyone or is there a better way to get this info? Thanks.

Shawn
05-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Hey Dingo,

I was just up in your neck of the woods today, I had to run up to North Adams from New Haven CT, a 6 hour round trip (drive time only), that's the boonies alright!! LOL!!

:)

Dingo
05-02-2005, 02:52 PM
No kidding. North Adams Eh? :eek: What were you there for?

Shawn
05-02-2005, 02:58 PM
My real job, I drive a Cumberland Farms - Gulf gasoline tanker, we deliver to all of the Berkshires from the New Haven terminal, I sometimes run up rt. 8 into Lee, then run up rt. 7, the farthest station is up in Williamstown.

bcorkery
05-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Dingo,

Use the "Q" key to your advantage here. You can label it and go back and find it later in "View/Control Track".

I hope I'm understanding you correctly,
Bill Corkery

Dingo
05-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Shawn, I live in Housatonic, Next to GT. Barrington, spitting distance from Lee. Totally the boonies out here.

Bill,
I mean so the SF window will automatically mark any points at which the wave goes beyond whatever point you specify. For example, if the wave crosses -3 seven times there would be seven makers at the bottom of the SF window.

Bob L
05-02-2005, 04:49 PM
There is nothing like that now... the Levelizer will find the highest 50 peaks for you and place them in a listbox. You can then click on any entry and the cursor will jump to that spot in the MT...

Not quite the same, but perhaps will do what you need if you are just looking for trouble spots.

You could also do something similar to what you asked just using the built-in remove silence function... set your threshold settings on a track in the MT, then do the non-automatic version of the remove silence function. The MT will be split into regions and marked for you at the threshold points, everything above the threshold will be in one set of alternating regions and the rest below will be in the other set of regions.

Bob L

Dingo
05-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Thanks Bob I checked that out last night. AWESOME feature! I did notice however that I does display that info before the peak limit or normalize would it be possible to add a choice to display after peak limit and normalize as well?

Bob L
05-03-2005, 12:45 PM
You could build a test mix and then place that on a track to see the results after the final.

Bob L

Ian Alexander
05-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks Bob I checked that out last night. AWESOME feature! I did notice however that I does display that info before the peak limit or normalize would it be possible to add a choice to display after peak limit and normalize as well?
Hi Dingo. Unless I'm missing something, after peak limiting and normalizing you'll just get a list of identical values. :)

Bob L
05-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Most likely true... so its probably not useful for anything... there really should be nothing to see if the Levelizer does its job correctly... nothing to worry about either... there will be no clipping because it will absolutely max the peaks at the normalize value.

Not sure what it is you are trying to do exactly with your original request... can you explain a little more detail? Perhaps there are other options to accomplish what you are looking for.

Bob L