PDA

View Full Version : Partial mix template?

Oz Nimbus
05-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey guys, I'm just curious if there's anyway to make a partial mix template...

Let's say, I have a bunch of songs that are about 24 tracks each, the first 10 being the drums. I really like the way how I have the drums sounding for one song, and I'd like to apply the mixer settings for the first 10 tracks upon the rest of the songs, without disturbing the other tracks. Is that possible???
-0z-

Bob L
05-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Partial Mix Templates will make the 4.0 cut... but in the meantime, you can use the store/recall options to transfer 4 channels at a time... this option bridges across sessions, so open the old session, store the first 4 channel settings to memory, open the new session... and recall them... then do again for the next four and so forth... it really doesn't take very long.

If you actually want to transfer certain tracks from another session into a current one, open the source session... clear out everything you don't want, save the partial session as a new one, then use the Blend Session function to add that partial to the new one.

The Partial session Blend and template transfer will allow for certain tracks only to be read in from complete sessions and templates... I'm still working out some kinks.

Bob L

Oz Nimbus
05-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, Bob! I've been using the "4 channel" method for a while now, but I'm really glad to see you've got something planned for 4.0.

-0z-

Marvin
05-06-2005, 03:54 AM
Partial Mix Templates will make the 4.0 cut...

Oh man I've been waiting for this! It'll be awesome, thanks!!! :)
/Martin