PDA

View Full Version : Control Track not tabbing

Ian Alexander
05-18-2005, 07:09 AM
Arggh. What have I done? I set up some Q's on the CT for segments of a 45-minute narration. If I open the list of CT entries, I can move around to any of them just by clicking, but I can't TAB or Shift-TAB to them on the CT in the MT. Did I set something wrong somewhere? On Input tracks, TAB goes merrily from region edge to region edge. Why won't it work on the Control Track? Thanks.

Bob L
05-18-2005, 07:47 AM
The MT must be the active window for the tab key to function... my guess is that you are clicking in the Ctrl Track which makes that the active window...

Make sure to click back into the MT first... then try tabbing.

Bob L

Ian Alexander
05-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Ummm... I must be a bit slow today, but the Control Track IS IN the MT. I don't have the Control Track window open. The title bar of the MT is bright yellow, so I think it's the active window. If I click on an Input track and press TAB, I go to the next region edge. If I click on the MT title bar or in the area next to the Solo light, still no joy. Sorry I'm not following, but I don't get it yet. :confused:

Is there something that toggles this TAB feature on and off? What really bugs me is that I think it was working an hour ago.

Dave Labrecque
05-18-2005, 08:40 AM
Ian,

Some obvious stuff, but what the hey...

Are you sure the control track is the hot track? Have you tried closing/opening SAW? Rebooting your system? Have you been drinking? Have you tried?

Bob L
05-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Ian,

You say you click on an input track and it works... are you clicking on the Ctrl Track also... it must be the Hot Track... the MT being the active window is the first criteria... then the Ctrl Track itself must be the Hot Track.

If all that is correct and you still can not get it working... what kind of Ctrl-Track entries are you using?

Try a few simple Cue Location entries and see if they work...

Can you see the entry lines in the Ctrl Track?

Hang in there... we will figure it out. :)

Bob L

Ian Alexander
05-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Bob and Dave,

Here's what I'm doing. I just did a cold re-boot. Later, I'll try the cold re-beer. :) Opened SS Basic. Opened the recent edl list. Clicked on the project. Clicked on the MT window. Clicked on the Control Track, so it was lined in white. Pressed TAB. Nothing happened. Clicked on an input track. Clicked TAB. Cursor jumped to the next region edge.

I do see the vertical lines on the CT where I placed the Cues. If I click on the word Control, I get the box with the list of cues. Clicking on them makes the cursor jump to the cue location. Right-clicking them makes the MT play from those points. I have named the cues with the headings in the narration, but haven't typed anything else in the dialog boxes.

Bob L
05-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Ian... ok... good find... I noticed you are in Basic... I just tried it and there is a bug...

It works fine in Lite and Full... messed up somewhere in the translation to Basic.

The new update is coming anyday now with all the new fixes and features... I'll make sure to get this fixed.

Bob L

Ian Alexander
05-18-2005, 08:24 PM
That's cool. Now I can sleep. :D Thanks Bob.

Bob L
05-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Fixed already... it will be out in the next few days.

Thanks for tracking that one down. :)

Bob L

Tree Leopard
05-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Ah..... :o I thought this was actually an "intentional" feature about Basic - that you could only hop from one Q point to the next (using the arrow keys) with the Control track window open. Good news then, that TAB Power returns!

Ian - a MIDI-free work around - what I did on one occasion was I created a dummy sync track (mute), gave it another colour, and made cuts on every Q point and then tabbed along the dummy track so I didn't have to move out of MT view.

Andre

Mountain Media
05-19-2005, 05:01 AM
I just gotta say --

About one-half day from problem being reported to fix already in next release!! LESS than one hour from Bob acknowledging problem until he announced it was fixed and INCLUDED in next update!!!

GOTTA LOVE THE SUPPORT!!!! :D

Ian Alexander
05-19-2005, 06:15 AM
I just gotta say --

About one-half day from problem being reported to fix already in next release!! LESS than one hour from Bob acknowledging problem until he announced it was fixed and INCLUDED in next update!!!

GOTTA LOVE THE SUPPORT!!!! :D
No kidding John. We're really spoiled here. So many tales of crummy or nonexistant support elsewhere in the audio world. Good thing Bob is immortal, so we'll never be without him. :D

Hm. Bob, maybe you should take on an apprentice. Someone to wear the pointy hat with the stars and moons when you decide to retire and disappear in a Winnebago.

Ian Alexander
05-19-2005, 06:57 AM
Ian - a MIDI-free work around - what I did on one occasion was I created a dummy sync track (mute), gave it another colour, and made cuts on every Q point and then tabbed along the dummy track so I didn't have to move out of MT view.
Andre
Andre, excellent suggestion, mate. I can name the dummy regions, too, to make it even more of a pseudo-control track. You also got me to find the color choices by right-clicking the track name. Thanks.