PDA

View Full Version : Render to DV

Dave Labrecque
06-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Hi Bob,

In the past you've explained the logic of not sample rate converting till building the final mix, if possible, rather than SRC-ing a bunch of region entries in the MT, to reduce the accumulation of artifacts. I'm rendering some stuff to DV AVI files and I'm assuming that in this case the audio render sample rate is determined by the MT sample rate setting. Is there a way to have the MT native output get SRC'd at the output stage during the video render, like we're able to do with the audio build mix operation? If so, how? If not, would it be a viable enhancement?

Meantime, I guess I'll do the SRC and a/v interleaving in separate steps. Unless there's a plug-in for SRC I can put in an output patch point. Hmmm...

Bob L
06-30-2004, 01:05 PM
Dave,

I would suggest that you render the DV video files with the audio set and left at 48k. In my experience, I have seen many DV devices that do not do well with 44100k audio.

There are some exceptions to this... for instance when I render my DV demo vidoes, I use 44100k audio for the whole project and render the finished video at that rate, because when that video is converted to the wmv format for the web, I have found horrible artifacts in the audio if the conversion process leaves audio rate conversion in the hands of the converting utilities.

At the moment, you would have to set the MT to the destination samplerate, or do it in two passes as you mentioned.

I have considered the idea mentioned on this forum about creating the SRC in plugin form which could be patched anywhere.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
06-30-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi Bob,

Yeah, that's the deal. I've got lots of 44.1 audio in the MT that I want to end up at 48 KHz for the DV output file.

I don't suppose it'd be feasible to have the render-to-DV commands call up the build mix dialogue in some form to set the audio attributes for the DV render?

Bob L
06-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Dave,

It goes through a whole different mechanism to pass the data through to the plug-in... I'll have to look at it and see.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
06-30-2004, 06:53 PM
I was afraid of that. Thanks for having a look-see. :)