PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone! New User

Neal Starrett
05-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I bought SawStudio Basic and MWS about a month ago and am absolutly blown away by the whole experience. Ease of use for creative flow (finally!) Sound quality (I do notice a difference) and the way that this whole family gets along here is wonderful. I am proud to be a part of it. Like others have said here, I feel like it's home sweet home at last. I was starting to get very frustrated and beaten by some of the other soft mfg's out there. SX3 & others , nuff said. After checking out the demo for a few weeks and driving everyone I know batty with the 15 sec beeps I decided it was time. Everyday I learn more and more and get more amazed. Most of the questions so far have been answered on the searches but I'm sure I'll find something to ask soon. Welcome me because I'm home to stay! :D
niles

MMP
05-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Welcome Niles!

Have fun with Studio!

Regards,

MM

UpTilDawn
05-23-2005, 08:25 AM
Glad you found a good home Niles!

DanT

Ian Alexander
05-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Hi Niles,

Welcome! How are you using SS so far? What kinds of projects?

Bob L
05-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Welcome Niles... that's the kind of experience I like to hear about.

Thanks for joining the family.

Bob L

Sam C
05-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Welcome and have fun. I know you will. :)

Base1studio
05-23-2005, 12:13 PM
Welcome Niles, The real fun is just beginning!!

SoundSuite
05-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Insert applause sound clip here...
:D

mghtx
05-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Ease of use

Welcome. It's good to find someone else who thinks that SAW is NOT that hard to learn. Some claim otherwise but....not me. Or you.

bcorkery
05-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Niles,

It just gets better and better as the odometer rises.

Neal Starrett
05-23-2005, 02:21 PM
WOW! thats quite the welcome, thanks everyone. I just can't get over the good vibes goin on here. Very refreshing to say the least.
Ian- I mostly do instrumentals right now plus I work with a local songwriter. I am not doing this professionally now but I hope to be soon. I have alot to learn.
MGHTX- yes, I do find it easy to use but it's funny, i still get confused to some degree on a daily basis. Today, I couldn't figure out why I was getting such terrible latency with NI Battery demo till I figured out I had the Latency Compensator pluged into one of the other channels for SIR. Took it out and all was fine but that took a while and I'm not sure if thats normal or not. Little things like that, I'm sure i'll get the hang of it.
Anyhoo, thanks again for the warm welcome and thankyou Mr. Lentini for creating the best recording tool to ever grace this planet.

niles

tank71
05-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Welcome home Niles!:D

Bruce Callaway
05-23-2005, 07:49 PM
MGHTX- yes, I do find it easy to use but it's funny, i still get confused to some degree on a daily basis. Anyhoo, thanks again for the warm welcome and thankyou Mr. Lentini for creating the best recording tool to ever grace this planet. niles
Hi Niles,

Welcome to the club! I have been using SAWstudio lite for 4 years and still find new functions and ways of working all the time. This is a testimony as to how much scope SAW has inbuilt into it. I have an anlogue recording history and whatever method (new or old) I want to try out, SAW can do it in one way or another. In fact I think it is way ahead of me. Bob's regular updates just keep expanding this capability.

In regard to this forum and the newsgroup, SAWusers are a great community. We have people with fantastic experience in this forum who are generous with advice and tips. I draw a parallel with guitarists when I was learning where all of the real pros whether I took lessons from them or simply spoke to them casually freely gave away high quality information.

Maybe SAW attracts users who really know what they are about, in any case the users just add to the whole SAW experience.

Cheers
Bruce

razor
05-24-2005, 02:00 AM
Welcome Niles

Enjoy the ride.

Phil

Tree Leopard
05-24-2005, 07:36 AM
Niles - as you said, the forum is a fantastic resource. Many of the essentials have been covered in detail and it makes the whole entry into SAW easier - you are more aware of what you are doing and why. I've only scratched the surface with this program but already its had a significant positive impact on my work. Enjoy!

Andre

Tim Miskimon
05-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I bought SawStudio Basic and MWS about a month ago and am absolutly blown away by the whole experience. Ease of use for creative flow (finally!) Sound quality (I do notice a difference) and the way that this whole family gets along here is wonderful. I am proud to be a part of it. Like others have said here, I feel like it's home sweet home at last. I was starting to get very frustrated and beaten by some of the other soft mfg's out there. SX3 & others , nuff said. After checking out the demo for a few weeks and driving everyone I know batty with the 15 sec beeps I decided it was time. Everyday I learn more and more and get more amazed. Most of the questions so far have been answered on the searches but I'm sure I'll find something to ask soon. Welcome me because I'm home to stay! :D
niles

Welcome Niles!
SAW ROCKS!!!

Marvin
05-25-2005, 07:23 AM
Welcome home Niles!

You're in for a great ride! This forum is almost too good to be true... same goes for SAW :D

Neal Starrett
05-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Welcome home Niles!

You're in for a great ride! This forum is almost too good to be true... same goes for SAW :D
Thanks Marvin and everyone else before him that I didn't get to thank yet. I didn't realize I had such an extended family. It's just great. Last night I had my songwriter friend over. I said, wanna see SS? don't blink your eyes then, BOOM! its up and running. wanna see your song? POW! there it is. Wanna see what I did for it with my sampler, Bam! there it is. All up and running within seconds! Then we recorded some more vocals with it totally tight with MWS. Blew him away and I think I'm still in shock myself. If I'm dreaming, please don't wake me up!
niles

Perry
05-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Welcome Home Niles! :) Glad to have you aboard.

Perry