PDA

View Full Version : How many link computers in SAW and.........

Sam C
05-31-2005, 09:38 AM
what is the main reason you do?

Thanks

JonathanT
05-31-2005, 10:58 AM
I do sometimes - I have quite modest computers and if it is a complex arrangement I split the load, with audio tracks on one and midi/vst etc. on the other.

Jonathan

AudioAstronomer
05-31-2005, 11:13 AM
I use the remote mode a lot. walk around with my laptop on the wireless network and control most of saw's functions remotely.

Had to link 2 machines once before to get all the inputs I needed, worked very well. Only had lite at the time and needed more than the inputs it offered.

SoundSuite
05-31-2005, 11:45 AM
Remote Mode here....
...wireless laptop in the environment to control the DAW in the control room.

*thinking of the Tranzport now though, honestly*

Cary B. Cornett
06-01-2005, 05:56 AM
I haven't tried splitting sessions across 2 or more computers yet, but I do keep 2 machines "crosslinked" with one ADAT lightpipe going each way so that I have the option of using one machine as a "process farm". So far, though, the main use for me has been to record directly from one machine to another. I also plan to experiment with using my second machine as a "synth engine", but I haven't gotten to where I need that yet.

Ralph
06-02-2005, 07:02 AM
I use the remote mode a lot. walk around with my laptop on the wireless network and control most of saw's functions remotely.

Had to link 2 machines once before to get all the inputs I needed, worked very well. Only had lite at the time and needed more than the inputs it offered.

This is something that I really need to do so I can sit in another room and record acoustic tracks.

Where are specific directions on how to do this. I do have a wireless network and could use my laptop to do the same. If anyone has some direction on this I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Ralph

Bob L
06-02-2005, 08:14 AM
You could start with the Helpfile in the section called Using TCP/IP Master/Slave/Remote Mode. :)

Bob L

Ben Hall
06-03-2005, 02:15 AM
You could start with the Helpfile in the section called Using TCP/IP Master/Slave/Remote Mode. :)

Bob L

As (almost) always - Bob and that manual strike again. :)

PS - great new site Bob, just had a look.

spiritman
06-03-2005, 10:42 AM
New site? Have I missed it again???? Or do you mean here?