PDA

View Full Version : Kompakt Question

Neal Starrett
06-05-2005, 08:41 PM
I have a chance to pick up Kompakt at GC for $100. I know it's an earlier version, not sure which one though. Theres only a few versions at this time from what I understand. Tried to search for differences in versions but no luck. Would it just be better to get the new version and spend the extra $?
niles

Sam C
06-06-2005, 09:01 AM
or buy it then upgrade for less, if that is possible?

Neal Starrett
06-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Got it, upgrade was for free! $100,,,not bad I'd say. Thanks for the idea SAM:)
niles

Bob L
06-06-2005, 11:14 PM
It's a great plugin... one thing to watch out for is the dialogs that popup under the ontop screen... and make the plug appear as if it crashed because you cannot see them and they are modal waiting for an answer.

While you learn the interface, you may want to Cancel the OnTop status from my blue pyramid icon menu at the top of the plugin window... this will now also save with the edl, so it will stay that way.... of course, then you want to keep other windows out of the way.

Once you have all your samples and things setup, then you can leave the ontop active and its very easy to patch in different samples and then put it away. There is a dialog everytime you remove a patch... make sure to at least slide the window over to the side to leave the center of the screen exposed... the dialogs are then visible at the edge of the window and you can at least grab and slide them to answer them.... I wish they would fix this. :)

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
06-07-2005, 01:17 PM
While you learn the interface, you may want to Cancel the OnTop status from my blue pyramid icon menu at the top of the plugin window... this will now also save with the edl, so it will stay that way.... of course, then you want to keep other windows out of the way.

Bob,

Is there a way to save this with the plug-in preferences? SIR presents a problem fairly often, because it's so big. Rather than have to set the 'cancel on top status' every time I patch it in, it'd be nice to have it load with the option pre-set each time.

Neal Starrett
06-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks Bob, you anticipated my next search or question. I"m really enjoying this plugin. I'm not sure if it will replace my Emu Ultra, maybe once I start translating and bringing in samples from it but for now they work well together. Thought I could fool the plugin popup screen by moving it to the other monitor but it follows it of course. I'm glad I went with Kompakt, especially at the price. The load seems fairly light and it's user friendly. Thanks again for the heads up.
niles

Sam C
06-07-2005, 03:06 PM
glad it worked out niles!

Bob L
06-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Dave... no preferences per plugin designed into the code... didn't see a need for that... patch it in... set the option and it will now save with the edl... so if you want... create a template with the plug already pre-patched... otherwise... click the darn option and be on with the session... an extra click now and again helps to keep your mind alert. :)

Bob L