PDA

View Full Version : Another thought around the region updating

Yura
06-12-2005, 04:13 PM
somwhere sometimes we have a need to change region's content on MT (e.g. update it) not moving its boundaries. Something like a "scan" the contents of wave inside this region. Bob, any thoughts please?

Bob L
06-12-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure what you mean here Yura.

If you are just trying to rescan wave data that has been modified outside the SAW environment... simply double-click the region and press R in the SF view to refresh the peakdata... that will update the region display data as well.

If you are trying to replace the region with another region, use the Replace Region command from the MT menu. (Shift-R)

If you mean to keep the region the same size, but slip it inside the wave file its connected to to pick new start and end points... that is on the todo list for 4.0.

Bob L

Yura
06-12-2005, 04:23 PM
If you mean to keep the region the same size, but slip it inside the wave file its connected to to pick new start and end points... that is on the todo list for 4.0.

of course this I meant. Thanx. this would be great sure.

Dave Labrecque
06-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Bob,

RE: shift-R

My recollection is that in SAW Pro this command would replace the region entry but keep any automation. I found this very handy. What do you think about changing it to work this way in Studio or giving an option for that behavior (add a modifier key)?

Les Woollam
06-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Neat suggestion Dave.
You're right, any fader automation in SAW Pro remained in place when swapping regions. I can think of a couple of work arounds in SS, but it would be quite useful to have, say Ctrl-Shift-R replacing regions but leaving any automation in tact.

Bob L
06-13-2005, 03:44 PM
I will look at a modification.

Bob L

Les Woollam
06-14-2005, 02:08 AM

Bob L

Be honest guys, where else would you get this sort of service? I, for one, am impressed! :)

Dave Labrecque
06-14-2005, 04:14 PM

Bob L

Thanks, Bob!

Bob L
06-14-2005, 05:44 PM
This feature has been added to the new f version.

Bob L

Yura
06-15-2005, 12:04 AM
Very, very useful!
Thanks!

Les Woollam
06-15-2005, 04:51 AM
Feature suggested/requested Monday evening, new update including feature arrives Wednesday morning - WOW! The 'ride' just gets better :cool:

Dave Labrecque
06-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Youdaman! Thanks!

William Bushnell
06-15-2005, 01:09 PM
You know, I can remember a time when some thought Bob had set the price of Saw Studio much too high and that he was really out of touch with his vision for support. However, he knew the value and potential of what he had created and stuck with it. (And aren't we glad he did).

I am sure that most everyone who has used his products for any length of time now agrees he was right. Even a non user who has spent any time on this forum and seen the level of we have has to understand this is very unique. We have it very good!

Thanks Bob.