PDA

View Full Version : AudioAstronomer New Shade???

canipus
07-03-2004, 08:39 AM
Robert,

How's your new shade coming along for SAW?
Any chance of a progress report or when we might expect to see it? :cool:

Tx
Regards etc.

AudioAstronomer
07-03-2004, 09:08 AM
The Shades thread I said I lost it in a hard drive incident... I have it back up to about 35% done again... Still working on it tonight.

If you want to send me a PM I will give you a prelim shot. IT's not for everyone's taste as its based off another software most people find incredibly ugly (but many love).... It is also meant to be a base for future skins thus I've found all the important points and made proper markings and layers in xcf format for myself.

Given no more problems I should be able to finish soon.

canipus
07-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Robert

Why don't you just put it on a private page of the SigmaDelta Labs web site and publish the URL here, then we can all pop over and have a look?
BTW. I'm still interested to know about your plugin that the press trashed for you. What does it do and can we try it?

regards

canipus

AudioAstronomer
07-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Robert

Why don't you just put it on a private page of the SigmaDelta Labs web site and publish the URL here, then we can all pop over and have a look?
BTW. I'm still interested to know about your plugin that the press trashed for you. What does it do and can we try it?

regards

canipus

I can see what you're trying to have at. We currently do not have a website. I am still speaking with web designers, I am focused on making sure this is done proper. The earliest quote I have received is october from nextofquinn, which is my top choice at this moment.

If anyone is interested in the shade they can contact me and I will email an image. I see no reason for many to be interested though... its only made to please myself and future efforts.

As for the plugin, become a user of softimage XSI and we'll talk. It's not audio software.

mghtx
07-03-2004, 06:56 PM
I'm looking forward to your shade Robert. Even though I hate the look of Traction it may work for me with Saw. I know you have put in a lot of effort to get this shade done. I salute you.

earthpig
07-04-2004, 11:01 AM
I quite like the look of tracktion and would be very interested in a shade that has a simaler style :)

AudioAstronomer
07-04-2004, 09:11 PM
I quite like the look of tracktion and would be very interested in a shade that has a simaler style :)

Well that gives me a little motivation to get it done quicker :) Ill post a min screen shot in just a few minutes if I can figure out how to get GIMP to accept print screens....

AudioAstronomer
07-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Keep in mind this is still only about 40% done now... missing some fonts obviously.

And I imagine most will find it incredibly ugly ;) I do even a bit myself, Im focusing specifically on making sure I have the regions for each graphic down to the pixel... so this can form as a building block for more complex shades without the later hassle of mapping all the regions out later ;)

http://img36.exs.cx/img36/8940/skinflat.jpg

Once I have every graphic modified properly Im going to go back over and replace basic UI elements with those of tracktions to give it a more complete finished look.. so in reality im more along the lines of 20% through :)

And all the push button elements are done for every button I've completed. On top of what you see, I have all dialogs done.... let me show you some meters too... one more pic post :)

Sheild your eyes!

AudioAstronomer
07-04-2004, 09:30 PM
The meters.... look quite nice as a gradient in movement.

http://img36.exs.cx/img36/5177/skinflat2.jpg

Once again, as I finish I will "complete" the theme by replacing generic widgets in this version with the proper complete UI elements pending the tracktion author's permission (or I will simply make my own facsimilie within the bounds of my legal ability :))

AudioAstronomer
07-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Sorry to post yet AGAIN....

I also have an entire F-Key setup for this shade too ;) all 12 f-keys plus alternates.... which will come with the shade once I finish along with some templates :)

I would change the UI of native included plugins but Im not sure if I am allowed to redistributed the modified file... particularly like this ;) hehehe

mghtx
07-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Not bad, Robert, not bad at all. Thanks for the pics. It's wonderful to have all these shades available. I like to switch up every few days. Now would somebody make a plaid shade? :D

TotalSonic
07-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Robert -
Actually I think it's cool that someone is coming out with a "flat" option for those used to this kind of look. Main thing from your previews is that the color scheme is kind of hard to deal with for me - purple & pink?? Maybe some more "muted" choices would make it something that I would use. Thanks for your work on this though!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Yura
07-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Robert!

Shades' golden fever!
when then to work!

if you do it with not restorator, maybe you wrong?
what you use then, for implamentation, I wonder?

Steve is right in MHO too what for color. but maybe the color not exact
after compression...

AudioAstronomer
07-05-2004, 02:43 PM
I can change all the colors with the flick of a little app I wrote :) have to patch some parts manually.. but it works quite well...

I used restorator demo to hack out all the bitmaps and just compile my own dll after doign some poking in restorator to see how saw wants it done :)

canipus
07-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Robert

Definitely think you should complete this. I wastn't too sure about the flat option for a shade but now I see the pics you posted it really does have something going for it.
These pastel color grow on you. When I saw Yuri's green shade I thought, hell, but you know something I'm beginning to like that green in a quirky way. What is really good about the light pastel colors is that the console takes on a less cluttered cleaner appearance. I also find the green very gentle on the eyes. The same with the pink that you've adopted.

Canipus

AudioAstronomer
07-05-2004, 07:56 PM
The pastel are ala modern UI designs these days... like Softimage XSI, Lightwave, Ableton Live, Tracktion, energyXT.... most of the newer software have pastels, my favorite color is pink, my wife's is purple... and tracktions is both. So I figured what the hell :)

If there's 1-2 other suggestions I dont think it much to make 1-2 more color schemes when I finish.

It's looking like about a week or so hopefully, my car broke down and I just got invited to try out for a touring band as well as their reservation for studio time on top of that, if I "fail" tryouts I maybe touring as their sound-dude (with ss)... Busy weeks coming and I must balance preperation and fun :) I got some more done tonight...

All that's left is those evil channel strips!!

And I gotta think of new MT textures...