PDA

View Full Version : Cue Location / Wait For Time - SS3.9f

TimC
06-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Bob this is a great facility. I love it!

However, I have just tried using it and it seemed to be working on a 12 hour clock not 24 hr.

System time was 15:50
I set a "Wait for time" marker for 15:52
SAW played up to the marker and stopped (as expected) but reported the current time as 3:51, (not 15:51), so at 15:52 it didn't continue since it thought the time was only 3:52.

Did I miss something? Or might it be a problem that manifests itself if you are in a different timezone from Las Vegas. (I'm on GMT)

Regards
Tim

Bob L
06-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Well... who knows... I felt I was forcing the format to 24 hr... most likely there is more to the way each system has Windows setup... I'll have to look a little deeper I guess.

This is what happens, no matter how much I test on my rigs and think its perfect... as soon as it gets out to the world... Windows takes charge. :)

Funny thing, my system clock displays on the taskbar in AM/PM 12 hour format, but the wait for time display properly shows 24 hour format... so I'm not sure what setting on your machine might be making the difference.

What country, city are you in?

Bob L

TimC
06-15-2005, 10:37 AM
This is what happens, no matter how much I test on my rigs and think its perfect... as soon as it gets out to the world... Windows takes charge.

I know the feeling from my software development days. You test something to death then the prospective customer walks in and crashes the thing with a few keystrokes. It can be so dispiriting :o

I'm in London, UK. My Timezone is GMT with "Automatically Adjust for Daylight Saving" checked.
Time Format is "HH:mm:ss" (HH = 24hr clock, hh = 12hr)
Locale is "English (United Kingdom)"

I can't think of any other Region settings that could be relevant.

Tim

Bob L
06-15-2005, 11:28 AM
I am looking at it now... I think I know what I need to change... let see what happens.

Bob L

Sebastian Eskildsen
06-15-2005, 11:55 AM
I am also happy for this option, and has also notice the 12 houer situation,
as Tim descripe.

Sebastian

Bob L
06-15-2005, 12:17 PM
I see what I messed up... I am trying to get a quick fix out today...

In the meantime... if you use the 12 hr string format now, it will trigger, but of course you can't setup for more than 12 hours in advance.

Bob L

RobertV
06-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Bob;

3.9f install worked without any hickups (no more lockups during install).
Delayed time recording went fine for me! (+10:00 Australian EST)

Thanks for the great effort!

Robert V.:D

TimC
06-16-2005, 06:45 AM
Your quick fix has done the trick here too. Many thanks.

I keep thinking of more things you could use this for (some serious, some fun). It really is a great addition. A couple of examples...

I can now set up in advance to record the church service even when I am in the band and can't be at the PA desk, to hit record, at the start of the service.

In the 'fun' catagory.... I have a talkback link to the house from my studio. I can now set a series of prompts to tell the kids to go to bed at the appropriate times when I am left 'in charge' in the evening, (followed by "have you brushed your teeth yet" etc). :) :)

Tim

Bob L
06-16-2005, 06:56 AM
There are lots of fun uses for sure.

I actually did it for the Tropicana Hotel here in Vegas... the whole show is automated on SAWStudio, and they wanted to have the machine automatically go into a wait status after the first show and then start the walk in music 45 mins or so before the second show... this feature saves the sound man from having to be at the console so far in advance of the show start. :)

Bob L