PDA

View Full Version : Very elusive bug...of 1 sample long

Yura
06-15-2005, 02:32 PM
I can guess this bug has place when we have waves of different sample rates on the track.
Please follow this steps very literaly.

set MT samplerate to 48000

1)take two wavs in your library- 'First' of 48000, 'Second' of 44100.

2)add first wav to MT, and 'Second' too, not butt spliced with the 'First'. your 'Second' entry must be about 10 sec long.

3)update 'First' (of 48000) entry to very short entry (0.1-0.5 sec) using U key, from left and from right boundaries (to leave only small middle piece).

4) place cursor somwhere in the middle of this new small entry.
5) enter to Select mode and hit M.
6) hit Del, and S (to exit Sel mode)
7) hit T and return to MT window again
8) hit Insert and onece more Insert, so you get your entry copyed side by side (3 entryes)

9) hit S again and select these three butt-spliced entryes.
10) place cursor somewhere in the begining of your 'Second' entry (representing 44100 wav)

11) hit Ctrl+Insert to insert your "pack" of three small entryes.
12) place cursor 2 sec further, inside 'Second' entry and hit Insert.

13) from this time you may see NOT empty place that has to be formed after Insetr command. you may see some strange line representing the entry of 1 sample length. If you dont see that, place cursor 2 sec further again and press Insetrt again. you may see it now?

PS.
it obviously presences. I see it on win NT with P3 dual cpu, and I see it on win XP, P4P800..
PPS.
Bob if you'll say this is phantom of the floating point again, we would like to implore you to root out it once and forever :)

Bob L
06-15-2005, 04:20 PM
I'll have to lok deeper into this one Yura...

With the samplerate conversion going on, we are dependent on the floating roundup and down... it may just be that this will never exactly work out ever... but we'll see... whenever dealing with this kind of thing, you should always zoom in and make whatever adjustments might be needed after you are done moving things around.

Let me see if I can dupliate the issue and then see what's possible.

Bob L

Yura
06-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Here is this EDL (on the end 13) of creation)

before you try it you have to buildMix + convert RadioAd_Country_Music.wav to 48000 Untitled_Mix.wav
two files put in the same folder.

Bob L
06-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Yura... I see your edl... but when I try to make one myself... everything is fine.

Must be exact lengths that just happen to round up or dn a certain way... not sure how to ever stop that from happening.

I tried numerous times... no problem.

I'll keep my eye on it, but for now I'm going to re-issue version f with all other known bugs fixed.

Bob L