PDA

View Full Version : Tranzport

Neal Starrett
06-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Just to let everyone know, I got a call from Sweetwater. They said they are shipping Tranzport starting tomorrow.
niles

AudioAstronomer
06-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Ill be ordering mine in a week :)

Ollie
06-21-2005, 02:05 PM
The product did look pretty darn cool. If I was doing alot of recording of myself only, I definitely would try and snag one of these.

Bob L
06-21-2005, 03:31 PM
I'll be anxious to hear some of the feedback as people start getting the TranzPorts in action.

Bob L

ghowardjr
06-21-2005, 04:08 PM
I looked at the fontier design website today, the SAW Studio integration looks AWESOME!!!

Can't wait...
Gary

SoundSuite
06-21-2005, 05:49 PM
I went to their page and got the following links for the pdf's from the product page:
http://10.x.x.x/download/pdf/TranzPort/SAWStudio.pdf
http://10.x.x.x/download/pdf/TranzPort/SAWStudioLayout.pdf
Am I loosing it, or isn't 10.x.x.x a Local or LAN IP#?

This little guy is gonna rock, nonetheless!

edit...found on the downloads page :D
http://www.frontierdesign.com/download/pdf/TranzPort/SAWStudioLayout.pdf
(replace 10.x.x.x with the domain and it comes up)

webdevs made a oops, it happens ;c)

tomasino
06-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Am I loosing it, or isn't 10.x.x.x a Local or LAN IP#?

you're absolutely right mon, that's a "NON routable IP".
I just tried those links and n' no go from here (the outside) - so its probably an internal link to some box in their office that's hosting the files. Now the whole world knows the internal/private subnet.

Who knows... :confused: just don't give 'em your SSN and credit card #. :eek: !!!

AudioAstronomer
06-21-2005, 09:59 PM
soundsuite, maybe email them and remove those links from your post?

SoundSuite
06-22-2005, 12:45 PM
I planned on emailing or posting in their forums with this info, (Been real busy lately :c) thankfully) but I'm pretty sure it's not a security breech to post the internal LAN IP#...
It's fixed today though, nonetheless!

IE, no more of a breech than saying my IP# is 127.0.0.1 / localhost.localdomain or that on the LAN it is 192.168.0.3 :D

It was more of a heads up for us since I knew we'd be inspecting the info.

Neito
06-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi Niles, Any comments about the Tranzport ?

I'm just waiting for reviews to place my order.

Thank's.

Neal Starrett
06-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Well Neito, I acually cancelled my order due to my recent spending spree on SoftSynths and such. Just wanted everyone to know it was out. We'll all know soon enough.
niles

arock
06-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Just got a Tranzport set up with SawStudio 3.9f. In short: it rules. Everything I've tried so far works as advertised. Pretty nice to sit back in my chair, making fader/pan/etc. changes. Drop markers live, set in/out points - awesome. Display tells you which track is selected, timecode, and current param/val pair for selected track.

_arock

Carey Langille
06-26-2005, 05:41 PM
no way.. Thats too cool! Hmmm, can you use more than one controller at a time? What a great way to set up remote headphone mixs for musicains.. Would it work?

arock
06-26-2005, 07:38 PM
no way.. Thats too cool! Hmmm, can you use more than one controller at a time? What a great way to set up remote headphone mixs for musicains.. Would it work? Good question! It would be tough - you can only have one "hot track" in Saw, so the concept of each musician setting their own headphone levels using multiple Tranzport units is iffy. They would all be competing for control.

_arock

Ralph
06-30-2005, 11:56 PM
HOLY BALLS BATMAN....man we got the Tranzport, loaded the software, made the changes in SAWSTUDIO by following the easy directions......it is friggin awesome. Like a previous post mentioned, I sat in the isolation with my acoustic and tweaked my head phone mix. (3.9f)

To me, this is a whole lot easier to use than the mouse etc. Great Job Bob! This made a huge difference. I did not record tonight, but just familiarized myself with it. This is really cool. Everyone should get one of these. This could be used for the live sound easily too! Talk about walk around and make changes to your mix. More than 3 meters could be a benefit. With this, my studio which is essentially in my home, I am allowed to record in any room I wish without a problem.

Very Very Cool Product. Makes life a whole lot easier tracking by ones self.
Very Very Nice! I am on remote control Daddy'O!

MMP
07-01-2005, 04:49 AM
I also got mine yesterday and like it very much. Bob, in usual style, has gotten a lot out of the limited number of controls...great implementation.

I played with it from the booth, and it is great to have remote transport, marking, and mix control. I have a small LCD monitor on a music stand, and will love controlling the video from SS remotely for foley type SFX work.

This purchase was a no-brainer for me...tons of uses, both remote and at my normal mixing position.

I have one small request....it would be very handy for me to be able to lock the scroll wheel to the active grid. Especially to advance a frame per click when doing sound design. Is there already a way to change the scale of the scroll?
Could it be locked to grid mode a click per unit? If so, that would greatly enhance my uses for it.

Thanks!

MM

Bob L
07-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Let me look into locking to the grid... it will require some internal code changes for passing the midi control to a different routine for moving the cursor.

Bob L

MMP
07-01-2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks!

MM

Let me look into locking to the grid... it will require some internal code changes for passing the midi control to a different routine for moving the cursor.

Bob L

SoundSuite
07-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Oh man, you guys are making me drool...

soundtrack2life
07-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Just got mine today. Only played around / learned it tonight. The unit with SAW Studio totally rocks. My only gripe is I wish the transmit / recv range was a little better. When I am in the next room about 25 feet away it gets spotty. I have metal stud walls around the control room and then there is a 8" block wall seperating my sound lock from my family room and I think they are possibly cutting down on the range? I think I read on their site the unit is only intended for 10 meters or so. Not a big deal really I still have plenty of uses for it. Well worth the $$. And of coarse thank you Bob for implementing all the SAW Studio control into this tiny box!!
Joe

Bob L
07-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Glad to hear people starting to experiment with this device... I think it offers some very useful options for expanding the SAWStudio experience.

Bob L

MMP
07-02-2005, 03:49 AM
I have seen 15' USB extension cables, maybe you could get the receiver a little closer. Or try a different position for it where it is now.

MM

My only gripe is I wish the transmit / recv range was a little better. When I am in the next room about 25 feet away it gets spotty. I have metal stud walls around the control room and then there is a 8" block wall seperating my sound lock from my family room and I think they are possibly cutting down on the range? Joe

soundtrack2life
07-02-2005, 08:52 PM
I finally got to use the Tranzport for a self session earlier today. The more I use this thing the more I ask myself how did I do without it. Even when I am sitting right next to the computer I find myself favoring it more than the keyboard. Kind of brings back the feel of a controller I would of used for my anolog deck or ADAT's and then some! I havent been this excited about something for my PC. . . . well since SAW:) Very well worth the investment.
Joe