PDA

View Full Version : Help with corrupt EDL

Sean McCoy
07-05-2004, 04:19 PM
I have an EDL that won't open due to some corrupt plugin setting. The "trouble loading plugin" box opens, and Studio crashes after hitting the OK button a few times. I've been able to blend the edl into a blank one, but of course none of the
plugin information comes with it. I used EDL Investigator's Session Mover (which doesn't yet display plugin information) to create a new EDL, but it crashed the same way. I'm at a loss to find out which plugin it might be. All other EDL's that
use my regular plugs likely to be in this EDL open fine, and I haven't recently updated any of them. And unfortunately I cleared the undo history at some point.

As suggested by Steve Berson, I'm going to remove all the VST DLL's and try opening it as I add them back in. Any other suggestions are welcome also.

Bob L
07-05-2004, 05:25 PM
When you get the touble loading plugin prompt, doesn't it tell you which plugin it is having trouble with.

What version of SAWStudio are you using... the current versions should tell you which plugin the message is about.

Bob L

Rail Jon Rogut
07-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Sean

Email me a copy of the session EDL.

Rail

Sean McCoy
07-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Bob-

No, it just says "trouble loading plugin." When I removed all my VST plugs, I then got the "corrupt plugin settings" box regarding Firium, followed by a crash after I hit OK. I'm using 3.7b.

Rail-

Thanks. I'll send it to you tomorrow.

MMP
07-06-2004, 03:50 AM
I had a similar problem with one EDL a while ago. I located the problem by disabling all the tracks and then adding each one back in. Once I found the offending track, I removed the plugins from the track, "saved as" to a new EDL, and reinserted the plugins. Things were O.K. after that.

Good luck!

MM

Sean McCoy
07-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Michael-

I can't even open the EDL without Studio crashing. Is there a way to disable tracks externally?

MMP
07-06-2004, 11:30 AM
That's bad....

Try changing the name of the VST folder so SAW can't see it, and see if the EDL opens. That should allow you to draw a conclusion as to whether VST plugins could be causing the problem.

You could also try hiding the saw native plugins this way...

MM

Rail Jon Rogut
07-06-2004, 12:00 PM
The session Sean sent me shows a tremendous amount of corruption after the plug-ins which seem to repeat too many times and then are followed by random data from RAM (containing other running apps) - this looks like there was memory corruption or a disk error when he session was saved.

I can probably create presets from the effects section of the EDL.. but there's little hope of resuscitation for this EDL for anything after the effects - luckily the region and file data is before that.. so if needed I could recover his MT and playlists.

Rail

Bob L
07-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Perhaps he should try stepping back thru the Undo History list and see if a former undo file is intact before the corruption ocurred.

Bob L