PDA

View Full Version : Left and right locators for midi (MWS)

omaru
07-06-2004, 04:27 AM
Hi Bob - is this possible with beat or bar accuracy?
- Left and right locators for midi (MWS) -
How do you copy a chorus and paste where needed?

Currently, I'm working on chopping songs to suit a Theatre Restaurant.

Thanks

omaru

Carey Langille
07-06-2004, 05:24 AM
Hi Omaru, this is possible by highlighting the area you want to copy,making sure that snap to grid is on, and then dragging and droping with your Shift+leftmouse+right mouse click to drop and paste where you want it.. Things may change in the future if regions become apart of MWS as they are in SAWStudio. Then we would have neat and tidy "into" "verse" "Chorus" "Solo" ect.. Bob may have other ways of doing this that will help out...

omaru
07-06-2004, 05:31 AM
Thanks Carey for your prompt reply.

I'll try that - but I like your futurizing ideal.

omaru

Bob L
07-06-2004, 06:35 AM
You can also mark and then use the Ctrl-C to copy and then place the cursor and use the Ctrl-V or Shift-Insert to paste. Then you can just keep pressing the Ctrl-V or Shift-Insert to paste again and again to create a repeated section down the timeline. The cursor is advanced accordingly.

You can also mark and then place the cursor and use the BackSpace key to move and the Ctrl-BackSpace to copy.

Don't forget the Tab and Shift Tab keys to jump to the front of the next or previous note.

Bob L

omaru
07-06-2004, 03:37 PM
Thanks Bob - I'll try these methods too.
No - I didn't know about the tab or backspace.

At the moment I'm working through the MWS without much knowledge of SAWStudio, so I'm largely relying on the help file which doesn't have much to say in this area.

I've found my way around a lot of my editing requirements so congratulations Bob - you seem to have catered for most necessities.

I'd like a more visual approach ( to locators) but that's what I'm used to.

A video on your methods would be very helpful Bob but I understand there's only so many hours in the day.

The more I use SAWStudio and MWS, the more I like them.

Great job - thanks

Bob L
07-06-2004, 07:17 PM
If you are talking about Locators... as markers... you can also do Cue Locations in the Control Track. Slide the Control Track to the top of the MT and then make an F-Key with the Control Track window big and with nothing on top of it.

When you create Cue Locations, now you will get a visual on the MT and of course you get a nice readable label inside the Control Track window... a simple click in the Control Track Window jumps you anywhere.

Bob L

omaru
07-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Great stuff - thanks Bob.

Do you have a list of keyboard and mouse shortcuts available to print out please?

Thank you

omaru

Bob L
07-07-2004, 03:15 AM
No separate shortcut key list for the MWS. The SAWStudio list is at the end of the helpfile and manual.

You should read thru the MWS helpfile from front to back... it only takes about an hour... you will learn all kinds of keystrokes and mouse commands by doing so.

Bob L

omaru
07-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Thanks Bob