PDA

View Full Version : just a two quick questions...

bertie
07-06-2004, 05:21 AM
Hi Bob :)

just a two quick questions...

what is this message about: "trouble connecting filter pins"

i recently build a session and i used GuitarRig plugin from NI for all my guitars and when i open the session the above message apears but the plugin is loaded and is working perfectly :confused:

and

In SAWStudio in dialog boxes like (Yes) (No) (Cancel) why i cannot switch between buttons using my keyboard i mean all the time working in SAW i mostly use my keyboard but when it comes to dialog boxes i need to use mouse :D - are they a non-standard dialog boxes? :confused:

Bertie (lifetime SAWStudio user)

Bob L
07-06-2004, 06:49 AM
Something in DX is having trouble when the filter pins are trying to connect... is this the only plugin in the session or could the errors be coming from another DX plug that is not working correctly?

My dialog boxes are not Windows standards... I draw them myself. so I can bypass some of Windows overriding control and also more easily control the look.

You can use the Return Key or SpaceBar for OK or Yes. The Y key also answers Yes. The N key for No and the Escape Key for Cancel.

Bob L

bertie
07-06-2004, 08:07 AM
Something in DX is having trouble when the filter pins are trying to connect... is this the only plugin in the session or could the errors be coming from another DX plug that is not working correctly?

My dialog boxes are not Windows standards... I draw them myself. so I can bypass some of Windows overriding control and also more easily control the look.

You can use the Return Key or SpaceBar for OK or Yes. The Y key also answers Yes. The N key for No and the Escape Key for Cancel.

Bob L

it's the only plugin in that session and it is patched on pre so probably the plugin is badly designed or else. :)

Bob L
07-06-2004, 10:13 AM
The NI stuff is usually pretty good stuff... don't know whether there is a compatibility issue with that plugin and SAWStudio, or whether there is a DX problem on your system.

Does the plugin patch ok in other software?

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
07-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Bob,

Would it be a pain to get the ENTER/SPACEBAR and ESC keys working for the build mix dialogs? It'd be nice to be able to type the output file name and then just hit ENTER, ENTER to build the mix.

Carey Langille
07-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Bertie, Do you have your Hardware foot controller plugged in correctly , Guitar rig uses the hardware as i understand.....

Bob L
07-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Dave,

Would it be a pain to get the ENTER/SPACEBAR and ESC keys working for the build mix dialogs? It'd be nice to be able to type the output file name and then just hit ENTER, ENTER to build the mix.

I'll check into it.

Bob L

bertie
07-06-2004, 03:33 PM
The NI stuff is usually pretty good stuff... don't know whether there is a compatibility issue with that plugin and SAWStudio, or whether there is a DX problem on your system.

Does the plugin patch ok in other software?

Bob L

I tried it in Nuendo and it works fine, much slower than in SAWStudio but it works without error messages
i've got DirectX9a installed in my PC

bertie
07-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Bertie, Do you have your Hardware foot controller plugged in correctly , Guitar rig uses the hardware as i understand.....

No foot controller, i use it as a plugin!!!When i use it as a host it works fine.

Bertie, (lifetime SAWStudio user)

Bob L
07-06-2004, 07:18 PM
I'll have to download a demo of the plug if they have one and maybe I can tell where its having trouble.

Bob L

AudioAstronomer
07-06-2004, 08:43 PM
I'll have to download a demo of the plug if they have one and maybe I can tell where its having trouble.

Bob L

They just released the demo today Bob :)