PDA

View Full Version : OT - Distressor

Carlos Mills
07-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Hi All,

Can anybody recommend a good sounding "distressor" like plug in? I
am looking for something to use in drums and I would like to have some of
the "little dirty, almost overcompressed, juice" sound... I heard some
plugs from UA that I liked, but they just work with the PCI card AFAK...

Thanks,

Carlos

AudioAstronomer
07-06-2004, 05:29 PM
for that distressor kinda sound in a plugin... its gonna be hard heh.

Whenever I want that kinda sound I put blockfish on top of saw's comp (which is makign that fast release, fast attack uber-compressed sound)... then tailor blockfish with some saturation and more compression...

the distressor is one of those things you cant really "do" digital... those things are almost alive hehe... Some 1176-style comps may get you there

check out gco-1, I hear it's absolutely fab and can get that sound pretty easily.... http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/gco-1.php

The other stuff they give for free, and sell is pretty good too... dont use it myself but I can recommend it with good conscience after trying the demo's.

Oz Nimbus
07-06-2004, 06:20 PM
I often wondered about the same thing. Finally, I broke down and bought one..... and boy am I ever glad I did.

Carlos Mills
07-07-2004, 06:22 AM
for that distressor kinda sound in a plugin... its gonna be hard heh.

Whenever I want that kinda sound I put blockfish on top of saw's comp (which is makign that fast release, fast attack uber-compressed sound)... then tailor blockfish with some saturation and more compression...

the distressor is one of those things you cant really "do" digital... those things are almost alive hehe... Some 1176-style comps may get you there

check out gco-1, I hear it's absolutely fab and can get that sound pretty easily.... http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/gco-1.php

The other stuff they give for free, and sell is pretty good too... dont use it myself but I can recommend it with good conscience after trying the demo's.

Hi Robert,

This Golden Compressor GCO-1 looks interesting... I will give it a try.

Thanks

Ollie
07-07-2004, 07:09 AM
Get the real thing :) :p :D