PDA

View Full Version : New Free Midi WorkShop 1.5 Update

Bob L
07-07-2004, 03:14 PM
The new Midi WorkShop Version 1.5 update has arrived. Check out the details below and have at the downloads. :)

Let me know of any problems with the version and I will get to work on an immediate 1.5a, b, c, etc version release.

Enjoy,

Version 1.5 Enhancements And Bug Fixes

Enhancements

* The original Select Mode Alt-Left-Click selection to position feature has been modified to be Alt-Shift-Left-Click so there is no conflict with the new Alt-Left-Drag note start and duration adjustments for all selected notes introduced in Version 1.4.

* The Ctrl-C copy command has been enhanced to hold its marker data until another move or copy command has been activated.

* The Paste function has been enhanced to allow overwriting of underlying data. The normal default operation merges new data from drags or Ctrl-C copies. Pressing the Alt-Key at the time of the paste operation will clear underlying data at the destination before pasting the new data. When using a mouse drag and move or copy command, start the drag operation first with the Shift or Ctrl keys and then press the Alt-Key as you drop the data in its new location.

* A new option has been added to the Record options menu (Right-Click any track Rec button), called Midi Multi. This option will assign the current track and the next 15 tracks in record mode and accept a multi-channel midi signal from one device port, and split the 16 midi channels to the separate 16 record tracks. This can be useful when dumping from some hardware midi sequencers in one pass, splitting the separate midi channel information into up to 16 separate tracks for further editing in the MWS.

* The Marked Area will now chase the HotTrack as it does in SAWStudio. The current operation will focus on the data in the marked area on the current HotTrack, unless an All Tracks or a Selected Tracks operation is activated. Special code for the use of the BackSpace key still allows you to mark data on one track and change tracks for a destination snapped move or copy operation, even though the marked area of the source has chased to the new destination track before pressing the key and activating the command.

* The Patch Library Bin data is now saved and restored with the Session EDL’s. On opening a session, if the EDL stored Bin data was empty, then the current Bin data will not be disturbed, otherwise, the current Bin data will be replaced by the data stored in the EDL Bin. Realize that the data stored is index information relative to the current Patch Library. If the Patch Library is changed, some or all of this stored data may no longer be valid.

* A new option has been added to the Bin popup menu called Lock Bin. When this option is active, the current Bin data will not be disturbed when opening a new EDL, even if the EDL has its own stored Bin data.

* The Data Knob has been enhanced to automatically update the current controller data entry once the knob is moved (without the need for a Right-Click). If a marked area of controller entries exists, the entire marked area is updated.

* The Pencil Draw mode has been enhanced with two new menu options called Pencil Drawing Mode - Note ON Velocity and Pencil Drawing Mode - Note OFF Velocity. These modes allow a fast and simple way to adjust note velocities in a graphic manner.

Bug Fixes

* Stopped Note-Off data from being sent on muted tracks to allow proper solo operation in multitimbral mode with certain VST sampler plugIns that trigger special effects with note-off data.

* Trapped Left-Click during scrub operation.

* Fixed tempomap problem that could show up as a few samples difference on note start times that would leave grid referenced copy and paste operations missing the first note.

* The Alt-Shift and Alt-Ctrl Home and End Key Select Mode selection combos now work correctly.

* Pasting marked ranges now correctly maintains track offset under all conditions, even with re-ordered tracks.

* Trapped a possible crash that could occur when opening F-Key files that were created at a higher screen resolution than the current resolution.

* Adjusted code to fix the Windows ClipCursor function from failing on certain systems under certain conditions.

>---<

Yura
07-07-2004, 03:34 PM
Mama mia!
I go to pump in!

omaru
07-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Excellent - thanks Bob

omaru

Dave Labrecque
07-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Cool, Bob. I'm going to plunk down the dough right now. :)

Dave Labrecque
07-08-2004, 02:53 PM
The new Midi WorkShop Version 1.5 update has arrived. Check out the details below and have at the downloads. :)

Let me know of any problems with the version and I will get to work on an immediate 1.5a, b, c, etc version release.

Bob,

Just settling into 1.5...

I enter a track name in MWS, hit enter, and the SS MT takes focus (in this case covering my MWS windows, though I know you discourage overlapping windows :^). FYI.

Thanks!

Bob L
07-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Dave,

I'll check into it... but becuase windows are updated all the time and Windows can send the paint commands in random order... It is very hard for me to control exactly the way window updates will happen...

Again, these are problems never seen if you set the F-Keys up as suggested right in the front of the helpfile. Believe me... you are asking for a bumpy ride with MWS if you don't follow the design suggestion in the helpfile and then modify it to your tatses.

If you do hook the Alt-F-Keys as suggested, you can fly through midi sequencing in the SAWStudio environment... if not... anything is possible as to your having a good or bad experience. :)

Bob L