PDA

View Full Version : Re-Select Regions

bcorkery
07-10-2005, 12:46 AM
I thought there was a way to re-select the last set of selected regions. I'm not talking about the region grouping list, but just the last set of selected regions. I can't seem to find it in the manual.

TIA,
Bill

Carlos Mills
07-10-2005, 05:16 AM
Hi Bill,

[Shift] + [S] ;)

I thought there was a way to re-select the last set of selected regions. I'm not talking about the region grouping list, but just the last set of selected regions. I can't seem to find it in the manual.

TIA,
Bill

bcorkery
07-12-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks Carlos,

Some things I do without thinking about them and for others I just don't think!

Bill

bcorkery
07-14-2005, 11:49 AM
I think I'm being thick again. Shift+S only toggles shift monde on and off.

I know there's a way to do this: I think
Select a series of random regions and right click to unselect them.
Isn't there a way to re-select that pattern? I can save them as a group in the "Regions group list" but often it's just a one time move and when I play them back sometimes I'll unselect them (I use left click to start and stop a lot) and almost immediatly I'll think better of it and want them back and have to re-select them or use Control + < to get them back but back to their original positions. I thought there was a way to re-select for another small nudge.

Am I nuts? (don't answer this one!)

Is there a way to re-select an unselected group of regions? (please answer this one)

Thanks,
Bill

Les Woollam
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Bill,

If you right click to de-select regions, I'm pretty sure you can't retrieve them. On the other hand, if you exit Select mode and then want to return to your last regions selected, simply press Shift S.

Dave Labrecque
07-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Bill,

If you right click to de-select regions, I'm pretty sure you can't retrieve them. On the other hand, if you exit Select mode and then want to return to your last regions selected, simply press Shift S.

NOTE: this only works if your regions were selected at the time you exited select mode.

bcorkery
07-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Les,

Thanks. I should try to get out of select mode before playback. I think I'm right clicking in select mode and missing the timeline and hitting low on the MT instead. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. I bring a lot of shop rags when I'm SAWing.

Bill

bcorkery
07-14-2005, 12:20 PM
NOTE: this only works if your regions were selected at the time you exited select mode.Works like a charm ... eh ... when I do it right!
Thanks,
Bill

Bob L
07-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Bill, use the last group option to save one time only region selections and just keep overwriting it for the next one time group selection... then you don't have to worry about finding the last selection group... it will still be there as group 30 until you overwrite it. Even label it as temp or last selection.

Bob L

bcorkery
07-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Great! Thanks Bob.

I hope you're getting your house and studio back in order. My studio got vandalized over the 4th o' July weekend. Some punks shoved a fire extinguisher in the mail slot and covered my office and studio with fire a retardant yellow powder, small change to what you endured.

Thanks for taking care of us through it all,
Bill

Bob L
07-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Sheesh... its amazing what humans are capable of... I think my situation may have been easier to deal with since it seems to fall into the area of accident or 'act of God' and there was no one to directly blame for the situation. Your situation really gets one's blood boiling.

Bob L

bcorkery
07-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Everyone on the ground floor with a mail slot got hit. As an inconvenience it was nothing in comparison. It's spilled milk now. I can't find the energy to wonder who or why.

Again, thanks for keeping the SAW fire burning through it all.

Bill