PDA

View Full Version : Mouse wheel...

bertie
07-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Hi Bob :)

Can i use my mouse wheel to move mixer faders up and down? :)
Is this function supported in SAWStudio?
I know you can already move selection on channels in the mixer by using wheel but you can do that also by using keyboard arrow buttons left and right...but do you think that is better to use mouse wheel to move mixer faders...you know...when you move your mouse wheel you get a feeling like moving a potentiometer knob :)

Just a suggestion :D

Bertie (lifetime SAWStudio user)

AudioAstronomer
07-08-2004, 02:55 PM
hrm. nope.... I can see that being VERY uncomfortable if you try to do it for more than 5 minutes... finger will get very very tired trying to make precise movements. For big swoops of moving a webpage sure... for trying to make 0.5db increments... well err... Or making a BIG increment...

bertie
07-08-2004, 03:11 PM
hrm. nope.... I can see that being VERY uncomfortable if you try to do it for more than 5 minutes... finger will get very very tired trying to make precise movements. For big swoops of moving a webpage sure... for trying to make 0.5db increments... well err... Or making a BIG increment...

Robert, :)

it is far more better then dragging...trust me :) ...for making BIG or SMALL increment you can make an option using Shift or Ctrl :)
Before i jumped to SAW in the past i used Nuendo and i used a lot a wheel in my mixes and i got so confortable that i forgot that you can also move faders by dragging them :)

But it was just a suggestion :)

Bertie (lifetime SAWStudio user)

Bob L
07-08-2004, 05:53 PM
I feel that the wheel would be very cumbersome to move the fader... and would not feel like moving a real fader in any way... at least that is my opinion... besides, the way it is assigned, I think adds much more useful functionality.

To make small fader increments, simply click next to the fader above or below the nominal position arrows... it really works well.

You can also play with the fader taper adjustment if you really want to stretch out the sweet spot for very fine mouse adjustments... you can make the whole 3/4 center of the fader only do 6db if you want... try it, perhaps that will give you more control of the feel.

Bob L

Oz Nimbus
07-08-2004, 08:27 PM
To make small fader increments, simply click next to the fader above or below the nominal position arrows... it really works well.

Bob L

You ain't kidding! Those things are a godsend for precision tweaking!

-0z-