PDA

View Full Version : A question for Mark

jeromee
07-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Hi Mark
I figure your probably busy with work but have you ever considered writing a book about the various bands and studios you have worked with. I picked up a book a while ago called "Temples of sound" and it was a pretty cool read along with the Joe Meek book. I imagine there are several other audio geek's out there who would find these stories interesting.
J

trock
07-14-2005, 05:42 PM
ahhhh

mark said he had tons of stories but he would have to kill us if he told :)

actually i would find this interesting too. whatever weight that carries :rolleyes:

Mark Stebbeds
07-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Hi Mark
I figure your probably busy with work but have you ever considered writing a book about the various bands and studios you have worked with. I picked up a book a while ago called "Temples of sound" and it was a pretty cool read along with the Joe Meek book. I imagine there are several other audio geek's out there who would find these stories interesting.
J

I don't remember any of that stuff. I just believe you guys when you tell me I did it.

Truthfully, there are way too many people out there with much better stories than mine. I doubt if there would be an audience. I was way too well behaved.

Mark

trock
07-14-2005, 05:59 PM
ok how bout this.

can you list maybe the top 1-2 sessions you were involved in not just from a "fun" point of view, but in your opinion, the 1-2 you would love to do again?

and for the whole "man thats a hit" or something like that point of view or "WOW that really worked, sounds great" and what you did to achieve the sound you were searching for that had eluded you??

you just always here crazy things about how this person got this sound by running outside with a mic or something ?? know what i mean??etc?

jeromee
07-14-2005, 06:00 PM
I don't remember any of that stuff. I just believe you guys when you tell me I did it.

Truthfully, there are way too many people out there with much better stories than mine. I doubt if there would be an audience. I was way too well behaved.

Mark

I really don't care to hear stories about the drugs/drink&sex:eek: All I care about are rooms/consoles& Tape machines. It would be worth getting killed for as long as I got to read the book first:D

trock
07-14-2005, 06:05 PM
i don;t want to put mark on the spot, but he might find this humorous too.

there is a link on gearslutz i think. about the dumbest thing you ever heard in a session

not all these uys are marks level etc but some were i think, truly hialrious stories.

of course i would like to hear marks too :D

trock
07-14-2005, 06:06 PM
http://gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php3?t=26430&highlight=session+heard

Dave Labrecque
07-14-2005, 07:06 PM

Mark

Mark,

Tell the one you told me about being a "tea boy" at Abbey Road and getting Geoff Emerick all PO'd when you accidentally leaned on the tape reel flanges during a multi-machine mixdown.

jeromee
07-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Mark,

Tell the one you told me about being a "tea boy" at Abbey Road and getting Geoff Emerick all PO'd when you accidentally leaned on the tape reel flanges during a multi-machine mixdown.

Please,Please,Please:D :D :D

Mark Stebbeds
07-15-2005, 08:48 AM
Mark,

I was day dreaming and fell asleep. John got made at me so I said to him, "you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one". Later that day, Yoko took credit for inventing tape flanging.

Mark

Mark Stebbeds
07-15-2005, 09:03 AM
I was day dreaming and fell asleep. John got made at me so I said to him, "you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one". Later that day, Yoko took credit for inventing tape flanging.

Mark

I noticed an important part missingy.....

It should have read...

One day I was day dreaming and fell asleep, face down into the tape reels......

jeromee
07-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Thanks for sharing!!!! :D LOL

Dave Labrecque
07-15-2005, 10:07 AM
I noticed an important part missingy.....

It should have read...

One day I was day dreaming and fell asleep, face down into the tape reels......

Ouch. And then Paul grabbed his acoustic and ran off to studio B, muttering, "I've just seen a face..."

(Okay, that might not work out in the fab time line.)

jeromee
07-15-2005, 10:16 AM
Ouch. And then Paul grabbed his acoustic and ran off to studio B, muttering, "I've just seen a face..."

(Okay, that might not work out in the fab time line.)

That was 65/66? Maybe he had a premenition then, of this happening, and when it did he suffered from serious deja voodoo. I think that would work out in the time line now:)

Dave Labrecque
07-15-2005, 10:23 AM
That was 65/66? Maybe he had a premenition then, of this happening, and when it did he suffered from serious deja voodoo. I think that would work out in the time line now:)

Hey, throw in a little lysergic acid diethylamide and just about any time line works out. :p

jeromee
07-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Hey, throw in a little lysergic acid diethylamide and just about any time line works out. :p

I thought that was for acid reflux. You know, the one doctors recommend you stop taking if you notice bleeding from all orifices:eek:

Mark Stebbeds
07-15-2005, 10:45 AM
I thought that was for acid reflux. You know, the one doctors recommend you stop taking if you notice bleeding from all orifices:eek:

Hmmm. Where can I get some?

mark

jeromee
07-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Hmmm. Where can I get some?

mark

I recall seeing it at Wal-mart, of all places. I pretty sure it's still an over the counter product. Right next to the hair growth stuff:D