PDA

View Full Version : Can't open Sonoris leveler

Kimbo
07-15-2005, 07:11 AM
I first tried to download sonoris leveler ,but I run AVG and it sawt as a virus. I shut off AVG and downloaded it in SAW studio Basic\Native Plugins folder. It's in there,I can see slev.exe but when I open SAW it's not on my FX list???

Bob L
07-15-2005, 07:19 AM
The exe file is most likely a setup file... you should place that into a temporary folder and double-click on it from the Windows explorer to run the setup... in the end, it should extract a dll that will be placed in the NativePlugins folder and automatically list the dll in the ini file that SAWStudio references for installed plugins.

Make sure to do this while SAWStudio is NOT running... then when you start SAWStudio after that, you should see it in the FX Choices list.

Bob L

Craig Allen
07-15-2005, 07:53 AM
I first tried to download sonoris leveler ,but I run AVG and it sawt as a virus. I shut off AVG and downloaded it in SAW studio Basic\Native Plugins folder. It's in there,I can see slev.exe but when I open SAW it's not on my FX list???
I run AVG on my internet machine and when I downloaded the Leveler, it was not seen as a virus. You might want to double check to see if somehow you got the wrong file.

Kimbo
07-15-2005, 08:06 AM
I have the sonoris dll file in my native plug in folder but I still don't see it on FX choices?

Bob L
07-15-2005, 08:10 AM
You would also have to have the dll listed in the SAWStudioFX_Native.ini file. The install program should have included the listing in the ini file automatically...

You can manually type it in if you double-click the ini file into the notepad... type the full dll name at the end of the list and make sure to finish with a RETURN.

Save the file... that should do it.

Bob L

Kimbo
07-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks for your patience BOB. I typed in the Sonoris_Leveler.dll into the Native FX folder and saved it. What do you mean by finishing with a Return???

ghowardjr
07-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Hit the "Enter" key after the last line in the file, so there's a blank line at the end...

Hope this helps,
Gary

Kimbo
07-15-2005, 09:07 AM
HooRay!!! Finally got it. Thanks Bob and ghowardjr. I'll put it on the out put section. SAW is way cool. I just ordered Digiface and I'm headin for 16 simutaneous Trax. As soon as I pay for some of that I'm gettin the Full blown version. SAW rocks!!!!

Bob L
07-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Glad you got things going.

Bob L