PDA

View Full Version : VSTi's through SS mixer EQ's

omaru
07-09-2004, 03:38 AM
Hello Bob

I can use any native, dx, or vst comp, eq, etc on my Hypercanvas tracks, (or other VSTi) but can't seem to route these through SS channels (fader works but nothing else).

I'd like to use SS in live mode too - can this happen while eq'ing VSTi's?

Thanks

omaru

Shawn
07-09-2004, 04:22 AM
Omaru,

If you go to the mixer menu on top of the screen, then scroll down to "Pre-FX Patch SignalFlow, you can route the pre fader fx patchpoint to be before the EQ section in the channel strip, when you do this you are also moving the record point to the same place, (it is located just after the pre FX patchpoint), so if you have a channel setup this way and record thru it, the input channel's EQ/Compressor/Gate will effect only the monitor signal and not the recorded signal, any plugins inserted into the pre patchpoint will be recorded either way. You can also change the order of the signalflow thru the EQ/Dynamics sections here as well.

omaru
07-09-2004, 05:33 AM
Thanks Shawn - I'll try that

omaru

omaru
07-12-2004, 05:51 AM
No - sorry, I did not explain this well enough.

I have Hypercanvas on all midi tracks apart from drums. (FX pre patches ch.1)
Drums have RM4 for output. (FX pre patches ch.2)
I'd like to have the RM4 output EQ'd and compressed by the channel 2 E mixer (or W mixer) compressor.

Can this happen?

Thank you

omaru

Bob L
07-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Yes,

Look on the Mixer Menu in SS. Select the Pre-FX Signal Flow option... select Input 2. Now the channel 2 Pre-Fx patch point is at the top of the module (internally) and the eq and dynamics section will adjust anything in that patch.

Bob L

omaru
07-12-2004, 03:10 PM
Fantastic - thanks Bob. This works really well. My apologies to you Shawn - you were correct - I didn't read it well enough.

omaru