PDA

View Full Version : Video Viewer File Display Request

MMP
07-09-2004, 06:45 AM
Hello,

Here I go again....

Is there any chance that on the video viewer window you could have the name of the active clip displayed?

I am working on an EDL with dozens of animation segments and can't always have the video track displayed as I am editing, and I would find it very helpful if the current clip name was displayed as text on the top level of the video viewer like the EDL name is displayed at the top of the MT window.

What do you think, Bob?

MM

Bob L
07-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Michael,

I have thought about that in the beginning, but then felt that it would be kind of meaningless to have that titlebar changing all the time, especially in a complex session with lots of clips going by as you playback.

First, the size of the titlebar is not big enough for any reasonable path name... second, clips would go by and flash that titlebar beyond readability, in my opinion.

Don't forget, the edl name at the top does not change all over the place as you play the session... video clips would, especially when there are lots of them.

My feeling was... who cares which file I'm in as I watch the playback... if I need to know details about a specific clip, a right-click on the picture gives it all to me...

In my opinion, needing to know about a clip is something that happens while you stop and need to make adjustments... not while playback is active.

And I would recommend that you arrange your screens so the viewer is always visible in a corner of the screen somewhere... it makes for some incredible ease in manipulating complex video edits... then a simple right-click in the picture will always show what file is connected to the picture onscreen.

Bob L

MMP
07-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Yeah, you are probably right.

I just need to get out of the habit of dragging regions and use Paste selected to front more often. Then I can use the regions on the video track to quickly get to places where the same FX need to be reused.

Sometimes it is hard to retrain me.http://www.sawstudiouser.net/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

MM