PDA

View Full Version : OT either way(On & Off Topic): New Gig

tomasino
07-21-2005, 08:11 AM
I'm working here: www.verance.com (http://www.verance.com)

Its a Digital Rights Mangement system (DRM) that does watermarking of digital audio.

Used big time in commercials for radio, TV and cable. The big movie studios and record labels are hookin' up with it too. Not sure it's cool for me to droppin' names of clients, but I can say they're all majors in the content production world.

Kind of a harmonic convergence of all my music production and computer geek skills. Pretty damn cool, its right where I want to be.

Pedro Itriago
07-21-2005, 08:44 AM
Kewl, any more openings there? :cool:

Bruce Callaway
07-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Looks very interesting, are their any primers on how watermarks are added to digital content.

bcorkery
07-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Michael,

Does this mean we can't take my Ampex 440 to the desert and put it out of its misery?

Congratulations! Let us know more when you can.

Bill

tomasino
07-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Looks very interesting, are their any primers on how watermarks are added to digital content.

I would imagine theres tons of info. "out there somewhere".

The guys that developed the watermark are PHD'd computer scientist types. => WAY smarter than me!

One thing I've learned so far is that a watermark has "entropy", and therefor cannot be functionally disabled.

Michael,
Does this mean we can't take my Ampex 440 to the desert and put it out of its misery?

Congratulations! Let us know more when you can.

Bill

Not at all! There's always room in the desert old Ampex 440's and the hiposarcastic oathe we all took requires us to do the deed.

You could still copy stuff to it, but the watermark would still be on the copy.

I'm on a steep learning curve right now. more info. to follow later.