PDA

View Full Version : How can i add a couple of seconds "space" to my tracks?

trock
07-25-2005, 04:54 PM
my drums on track 1 start right away, i wanted to push all the tracks back 2 seconds, how can i do that?? all of the other tracks start after the drum intro but they would all have to be pushed back together not just the drum track??

thanks

mako
07-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Hi trock - I think this is how to do it.
Select all tracks (click on track number), mark the range required (in your case the whole length of the track), place the cursor where you want the beginning to start( 2 secs in), then use "slip track" (right click in track name area).

cheers

mako

Arco
07-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Or..you can go into select mode (S), Ctrl-A to select "all" the regions, and then slide them all to the right. If you're on measure grid, just move them one whole bar so as to keep the internal beat relationships.

use the grid too if you're using MWS and have a tempo/meter locked in..

Jay Q
07-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Or..you can go into select mode (S), Ctrl-A to select "all" the regions, and then slide them all to the right.If you do this method, make sure to right-click on the Select Mode button and choose Include Orphan Automation. Note that this will only work on automation that is between regions, so if you have automation before the 1st region or after the last, it won't get moved. Slip Track is probably best for what you want to do.

Jay

Bob L
07-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Correct... the Slip Track will include all automation no matter where it is... the Select Mode method has the extra considerations... if you have not done any automation yet, then it makes no difference which method you use.

By the way, you can do the slip track manually also... select all tracks, then place your cursor at the front... press Shift-End... then Shift Grab the marked area and simply slide to the right... if the grid is on, you can slide by exact measures.

Now, if you are also using the MWS and need to slide the midi data also, do the same in the MWS as a separate operation... definitely use the grid to keep both the audio and midi synced after the slide. There is also an Insert Measures command in the MWS that does it all for you.

Bob L

trock
07-26-2005, 04:37 AM
Thanks all

Cool stuff, didn't think i would need this but when i do the buildmix of the song and listen to it on a CD the first second or so of a cymabl splash is cut off so i figured just mocing it all back 2 seconds would fix that

thanks for the help!!

almost done with the first song! practicing my mix and listening to them on other stereo's etc right now

and i swear it sounds better even in this state than my other platforms got me

thanks!