PDA

View Full Version : Default compressor release

AudioAstronomer
07-11-2004, 11:34 PM
I am curious as to why the default compressor release is 500... Wouldnt it be a little more universal in the 200-250 range? I often find myself changing it from 500 to much less for obvious reasons on many instruments.... I just wonder if there was a specific reason for the long release.

Bob L
07-12-2004, 01:54 AM
I looked at my hardware compressors on the rack when I first designed the interface and they were set at about 500 ms... so there you have the science behind the default setting. :)

Actually, I felt it would give an overall smoother sound to most instruments for people that are not compressor savy...

But, you can easily change all the default settings... then save the Default Mixer Template... you can even patch in reverbs in return tracks and whatever else you use all the time... every time the program starts or a new session is begun, the defaults will go to your settings... not mine.

Bob L

bertie
07-12-2004, 03:38 AM
But, you can easily change all the default settings... then save the Default Mixer Template... you can even patch in reverbs in return tracks and whatever else you use all the time... every time the program starts or a new session is begun, the defaults will go to your settings... not mine.

Bob L
wow...

this is something i didn't know :)

thanks Bob :)

Bertie (lifetime SAWStudio user)

Oz Nimbus
07-12-2004, 07:20 AM

Bob L

This is one of those "hidden gems" in this program that make life so much easier!