PDA

View Full Version : Delay plugin bug

Jay Q
07-29-2005, 01:58 PM
FYI Bob:

I noticed something while using the SS delay to create a stereo guitar effect. I set all sliders on the delay to zero, started playback and, as expected, there was silence. But then I clicked the left Strength slider *without* moving it, and I heard guitar coming from the left speaker, and the track meter registered this. I made sure the slider was at zero by dragging to the left and still got sound. The guitar was about -6dB with delay bypassed; it was about -33dB when this bug kicked in. From that point, I couldn't get silence unless I stopped playback and started again, but any click on either Strength slider had the same result.

A similar thing occurs when clicking either Strength slider while the delay settings aren't at zero. A -6dB signal goes up by about .5dB after clicking one of the Strength sliders even if no adjustment is made. I created a new edl and inserted a different WAV to test this and got the same result. On other tests on other signals, I got between .5dB and 1dB increases.

Jay

Bob L
07-29-2005, 05:09 PM
That's a nice touch don't you think. :)

I'll look at the code to see why... but in reality its not something to worry about with normal settings.

Bob L

Pedro Itriago
07-29-2005, 05:36 PM
I finally know what these guys wanted to say in this lyrics:

"He seems to have an invisible touch yeah
He reaches in, grabs right hold of your track
He seems to have an invisible touch yeah
It takes control and slowly raises your wav."

I'll look at the code to see why... but in reality its not something to worry about with normal settings.

Bob L

Jay Q
07-30-2005, 01:22 AM

Bob LI admit that I usually have a hard time distinguishing a .5dB difference, but 1dB becomes noticeable, and while this isn't a huge problem, it's still somewhat problematic to do some fine tuning with the delay and dial in a sound that is actually up to 1dB louder than what it will be after stopping and restarting playback. Anyway, thanks for looking into it, Bob.

Jay

Jay Q
07-30-2005, 01:23 AM
I finally know what these guys wanted to say in this lyrics:

"He seems to have an invisible touch yeah
He reaches in, grabs right hold of your track
He seems to have an invisible touch yeah
It takes control and slowly raises your wav."Pedro, you've become absolutely insufferable! ;)

Jay