PDA

View Full Version : Drums missing when opening EDL

trock
07-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Very strange. I went to open a song i have been working on, all has been fine with this and i have opened it before and i have not saved anything to a different location. i point right to the file in the folder i have the EDL in and open it.

first i get that mapping error and just click ok and it maps it all back except the drums???

any ideas on this one?? if i lose the drums i will have to start the whole song over and re cut everything and this is the first song that was almost done??

mikebuzz
07-30-2005, 12:03 PM
Trock did you physically record the drums to a track ??? or were they a midi file or VST ?

Other wise search your directories for the tracks they could have been in another folder

LAter
Buzz

trock
07-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Hey Buzz

they were a stereo WAV file done in acid with Drums on demand, so they were on track 1 and i imported them to track 1 and for days they were there every time i opened them.

i fixed this but it worries me. i knew the drums started right at the beginning of the song, so i went back to the WAV file and again imported it to MT and it works and is back in

i cannot for the life of me figure out why it wasn;t there when i opened it today.

strange

mikebuzz
07-30-2005, 12:27 PM
You didnt save the session ?????? only thing I can think of

LAter
Buzz

trock
07-30-2005, 12:45 PM
could be

oh well, that was a little scary!!

Bob L
07-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Trock,

First... make sure to move the individual wav files into one folder... so when you export from Acid... place the resulting wav file in the project folder... the same folder as the edl.

Then add the wav file to the MT from that new location... if you linked it over from the Acid folder... then that is why the automatic repath could not find it... unless you physically repathed it again.

Also... once you open the session and have to answer the repath prompt... immediately save and update the edl so it will retain the new paths.

In fact... save and update your session every few minutes as you work.

Bob L

trock
07-30-2005, 05:46 PM
thanks bob

i had it in a different folder than the project folder.

so i am good to go now, i created a folder that last session and put it in there so that is why it was like that.

i do save my work after every take of something or anyting new, good habit i have.

thanks for the help, almost done with 3 songs now!!