PDA

View Full Version : Unimportant selfish wishlist

Carlos Mills
07-13-2004, 05:03 AM
Hi Bob,

Since 3.8 is coming out soon (as it seems...), I was wondering if this things would be easy to implement (it's easy to ask if other's work is easy... ;) )

1) Labeling (specially locates) should work like the console's group labeling: [Shift] + click = the label's name window opens for you to write down whatever the name is. If it could open during playback (like the console's grouping) it would be perfect for my unimportant and selfish wishlist :cool:

2) A native solution to "activate" all output channels even when there is no physical hardware to send audio throw it. This is mainly to consolidate tracks. I know there are many programs around that can convert EDL formats from one program to others, etc... But I think we always end up consolidating tracks...

Take care

Bob L
07-13-2004, 08:52 AM
Carlos,

If I am understanding you correctly, it would seem that you are askinmg for the naming of Locate points to be done with the Shift-Click... unfortunately, it cannot work that way, because the Shift-Click is what sets the Locate point... the naming has to be done with a separate command.

For the moment, the out channels can be activated without hardware by using the virtual device driver, someone mentioned here in another thread. It allows the program to think there are devices when there are not.

Bob L

TotalSonic
07-13-2004, 06:01 PM
For the moment, the out channels can be activated without hardware by using the virtual device driver, someone mentioned here in another thread. It allows the program to think there are devices when there are not.

Bob L

Virtual Audio Cable available at http://www.ntonyx.com/vac.htm

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Carlos Mills
07-13-2004, 07:05 PM
If I am understanding you correctly, it would seem that you are asking for the naming of Locate points to be done with the Shift-Click... unfortunately, it cannot work that way, because the Shift-Click is what sets the Locate point... the naming has to be done with a separate command.

Hi Bob, yes, that's what I meant in a little confused way...

Steve, thanks for the link.