PDA

View Full Version : partial mixer template ??

Scott P
08-25-2005, 08:52 PM
I have a session with 12 songs and the first 8 tracks of each song are mixed, complete with automation.

The next 16 tracks of each song need to be mixed and I would like to be able to make a template of just those tracks to transfer from song to song without disturbing the first 8.

Is there any way to do this in Studio?

It'll safe me tons of time if I can.

Thanks all,
Scott

AudioAstronomer
08-25-2005, 08:55 PM
I beleive this is a feature coming soon in 4.0...

Im a bit tired so im not sure if I understood fully though

Bob L
08-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Partial template mapping is coming in 4.0 hopefully... currently a template overlays all tracks directly.

However, you can still save tons of time if the 16 tracks on each song are similar enough to use common settings by using the Store/Recall Memory Cell feature.

You can set the first mix then save each channel settings to a memory cell, then save the cell to a file. You will then have 16 cell files.

Load the next session and then load the appropriate file to cell 1 then restore that cell to the channel... this will allow you to set the 16 channel modules exactly as the other sessions.

This will include all eq, compression, gate and FX and assignments... etc.

Bob L

Scott P
08-25-2005, 09:32 PM
BOB!!
Thanks a million. That beats writing it all down and making the changes manually.

Hope you're doing great.

Thanks for everything.
Scott

jeromee
08-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Hey Bob

Do you think us basic users will have to upgrade to get that feature. I would sure love to be able to save my drum & bass channel settings, but don't really need anymore than 24 tracks. If I have to get lite than I guess I will:D
J

Bob L
08-26-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm never sure what new features are going to end up in Basic... Basic was a serious discounted product that I originally had no real intention of updating much beyond its original release... as you see that has not been the case. :)

Obviously, in the end, I would love to see people move up to Lite and Full... that's where the full impact of the design comes through.

Bob L

bcorkery
08-26-2005, 11:14 PM
I have a session with 12 songs and the first 8 tracks of each song are mixed, complete with automation.

The next 16 tracks of each song need to be mixed and I would like to be able to make a template of just those tracks to transfer from song to song without disturbing the first 8.Scott,

If I understand correctly, from the original song, you can do a "Save As" a base edl and clear the unwanted tracks. Then when you're ready to start the next song bring up the base edl and save it as song x and everything should be in place.

I hope this is what you're talking about.

jeromee
08-27-2005, 07:07 AM
I'm never sure what new features are going to end up in Basic... Basic was a serious discounted product that I originally had no real intention of updating much beyond its original release... as you see that has not been the case. :)

Obviously, in the end, I would love to see people move up to Lite and Full... that's where the full impact of the design comes through.

Bob L

Thanks Bob
I know I probably sound like a cheapskate:D but at times am a little strapped for cash and am thankful that basic is available to get our feet wet. Now I am seriously considering selling my adat hd24 and upgrading to lite and some new computer interfaces.

Yura
08-27-2005, 12:12 PM
this time it is a big riddle for me: who can buy that adat hd24, and what for ??